Virgo's behavior is perfection-oriented. They are incredibly efficient and diligent workers. Virgo traits include wanting to clear the fields, separate the wheat from the chaff, and move things forward. However, their unwavering attention to detail also paves the way for a multitude of character deficiencies. Dive into the unique and interesting Virgo traits and characteristics to learn more about this sign.
Virgo Traits: Positive and Negative
Virgo, the mutable earth sign of the zodiac, is the sign of the disciple, helper, and humble servant. Virgo, ruled by Mercury, is the thinker, always calculating, enquiring, analyzing, and sifting through details. As with all the zodiac signs, the Virgo personality has both positive and negative character traits.
12 Key Virgo Characteristics
If you were born between approximately August 23rd and September 22nd, you're a Virgo and, to one degree or another, will display these 12 key Virgo personality traits.
1. Virgos Are Shy and Introverted
The Virgo personality is often shy, modest, and sometimes naïve. These individuals are typically conservative and reserved in nature. In short, a Virgo prefers to stay quietly in the background rather than have a high profile.
2. Virgos Are Conscientious About Health
Virgos are health conscious, so eating as healthily as possible and physical exercise are often part of their daily agenda. They immediately address every physical concern and are usually healthy individuals who take care of themselves. Not surprisingly, Virgos are also often in health-related careers.
3. Virgos Are Observant Perfectionists
The Virgo ideal is a place for everything, everything in its place, and everything just so. A Virgo is observant, notices every detail, sees what's wrong with everything, and seeks perfection in everything they do-from their career to their relationships and hobbies.
4. Virgos Are Independent, Introspective, and Indecisive
Virgos are independent and want to do things their own way. It's true that if you want anything done right, ask a Virgo. Still, like the absent-minded professor, they're introspective and spend considerable time in their heads examining their own thoughts and analyzing accumulated data. This, coupled with their excessive need for everything to be just so, often leads a Virgo to be indecisive.
5. Virgos Can Be Overbearing and Hypercritical
A Virgo expects a lot from themselves and from everyone around them. It takes a very confident and understanding person to withstand and accept that Virgo's criticisms are meant to be helpful. However, Virgos often want others to do everything according to their personal standards. This means a Virgo can often seem overbearing and controlling to others.
6. Selfless, Loyal, and Sensitive
Virgos are selfless, truthful, and loyal individuals who are always willing to be there for you if you're in need. Still, Virgos don't wear their feeling on their sleeves. This means it can take a while for others to realize what a good friend a Virgo can be, how sensitive they are, and how easily their feelings can be hurt.
7. Virgos Are Problem Solvers
Virgos are great problem solvers because they're rational. They like to separate all the aspects of an issue, think about each, and then slowly determine what it all means. Due to their helpful nature, they particularly like to tackle other people's problems. Of course, others may have not asked or even want their help or advice and think that they're butting in and trying to tell them what to do. This can be frustrating to a well-meaning Virgo and to those they're attempting to help.
8. Virgos Are Helpful and Knowledgeable
Virgos want to be helpful to their friends, neighbors, and family members in times of crisis. Virgos will research and try to find others who have faced the same situation and have successfully dealt with it. By learning all they can about an issue, Virgos can often find ways to help others overcome whatever problem they're facing.
9. Virgos Ruminate and Worry
Virgos plan for the best outcome but continually worry about the worst outcome. They tend to be anxious, distressed, and ruminate unnecessarily about problems they might have or unpleasant things that could happen. Virgos tend to factor failure into all their endeavors and believe they can only succeed if they put in more time and smarter efforts.
10. Virgos Are Hardworking and Industrious
Virgos are hardworking and industrious. They like to work unnoticed behind the scenes and don't need or want supervision. Whatever the job, Virgos apply themselves to increasing their knowledge and seldom make mistakes. They want to do things well, so they pay attention to detail. A Virgo's ability to analyze, solve problems, and put things in order leads to success in many career fields.
11. Virgos Are Sensitive to Their Surrounding
Virgos may seem cold and detached, yet they can be quite outgoing. If life around them is positive, they'll have a more pleasant and upbeat outlook. If negativity surrounds them, they can become pedantic, cold, and detached. Virgos are sensitive to their surroundings. Although their demeanor may say the opposite, Virgos tend to tell others that everything is fine.
12. Virgos Have Nervous Energy
Virgos may appear calm, but they have a high degree of nervous energy. A Virgo can tire themselves out with their intense, excessive, and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. Virgos fight a constant churn of anxiety related to fear of failure, fear of disappointment, or making any sort of mistake. This generates nervous energy that keeps them actively attempting to make everything perfect.
Virgos in Relationships
First impressions can be misleading. It can take second, third, and sometimes even fourth impressions to scratch the surface and begin to see a Virgo's genuinely good qualities in relationships. If you're thick-skinned and can endure the wait, a Virgo is definitely worth the effort. Because the truth is that Virgos:
- Make steadfast friends
- Are loyal lovers and faithful helpmates
- Surround themselves with people who share their values
- Are dependable and keep a reasonably predictable routine
- Dislike clutter, whether it's physical or emotional in nature
One of Virgo's most noted personality traits is their hypercritical nature. Sadly, this behavior will often rear its ugly head in Virgo's most intimate relationships. Which means:
- Virgo pairs well with other earth signs, who tend to offer enough character stability to deflect Virgo's incessant critiques.
- The emotional and adaptive properties of water signs also make suitable matches for Virgo's critical onslaughts. They tend to soothe Virgo's anxious nature.
- Air signs don't have the patience for Virgo's constant need to dissect every issue. That said, an air sign's ability to apply logic to any given situation can propel Virgo towards a much-needed resolution.
- With their aggressive and passionate approach to life, fire signs are easily irritated by Virgo's sharp critiques. They will boldly fire back at Virgo when criticized.
Many eminent personalities are Virgos. Among them are:
- Keanu Reeves: Born September 2
- Beyoncé: Born September 4
- Melissa McCarthy: Born August 26
- Cameron Diaz: Born August 30
- Jimmy Fallon: Born September 19
- Stephen King: Born September 21
- Richard Gere: Born August 31
- Salma Hayek: Born September 2
- Tyler Perry: Born September 13
Are You a Chart Dominant Virgo?
An individual's natal chart has many planets and points located within the various signs of the zodiac. Hence, a Sun sign Virgo may exhibit character traits that are quite unlike a Virgo. Additionally, if you don't have a Virgo Sun yet display Virgo traits, you could be a chart dominant Virgo. Perhaps you have a Virgo stellium, or Virgo could be your true astrological sign. Astrology is complex, and birth charts are as complex as the humans they represent.