The pairing of Taurus and Leo can seem a bit odd. After all, Taurus is well known for his steadfast nature, while Leo is known for her bold confidence and daring personality. However, each sign makes up for what the other lacks, so it can work.
A Taurus and Leo Relationship
To be clear, if Taurus and Leo want to form a long-lasting, romantic bond, both will need plenty of patience and understanding to make it happen.
Leo and Taurus Can Be Compatible With Some Work
Taurus and Leo can make a healthy love match, but it won't be one without work. These are two very different signs that have a fixed perspective on life, and getting those perspectives to mesh can be a challenge. Taurus wants to be on solid ground, and he takes his time in making decisions, but he's sure footed in his progress. Leo doesn't feel that same need to plod towards a goal. In fact, living a whirlwind lifestyle that offers plenty of adventure suits the Lion just fine. Although Leo is not one to just go with the flow, she will make snap decisions, and that will surely set Taurus's teeth on edge.
How to Navigate a Relationship Between Taurus and Leo
As with most relationships, balance is needed if the pairing of Leo and Taurus is going to work.
Tips for Taurus
Taurus loves the vivaciousness, creativity and warmth of Leo. In fact, Taurus is so accustomed to living in a metaphorical cave that meeting Leo is like feeling the warmth of the sun for the very first time. Taurus is intoxicated by the heady mix of laughter and love; it's everything he craves. However, due to Taurus' s fearful nature toward change, and with a propensity towards jealously, he wants to keep Leo all to himself, but this is impossible. After all, you can't lasso the sun. This in turn makes Taurus angry, and he turns that anger on the very thing he loves, Leo.
Taurus needs to understand that just as the sun shines equally on everyone, Leo needs to share her ideas with others. This way, some of the fear will lessen. Leo is a very expansive sun sign, one that needs a tremendous amount of room for growth. If Taurus can learn to be a container, or a repository for Leo's needs, the relationship will have a very good chance at survival.
Specifically, Taurus should:
- Express feelings: Taurus shouldn't bottle things up with Leo, If he feels upset, the two should talk it out. He'll feel much better for having done so.
- Be flexible: Flexibility is difficult for Taurus, so he should start out slow. He should try clearing his schedule for one day, take Leo out and just see what develops. He may find he actually enjoys it.
- Keep jealousy at bay: Similar to Taurus' personality, Leo can be very loyal. Taurus should trust in that loyalty and try to leave his jealously at the door.
Tips for Leo
Leo should think about what caused her to fall in love with Taurus in the first place. Taurus is as solid as the earth; when Taurus says he cares, Leo can take that sentiment to the bank. Leo doesn't have to wonder if Taurus only likes her for her sunny disposition or charming good looks because this is not an earth sign that makes snap decisions; Taurus wants the entire package. Once Taurus commits, he commits for life.
This is important because above all, Leo admires loyalty and character, and in Taurus, she'll find these characteristics in spades. Leo should also learn to respect Taurus' methods for living. After all, it's that very dogged and determined nature that has given Taurus all of his worldly possessions.
Make this relationship work by:
- Considering his feelings: Leo feels very passionately about things, but she needs to realize that so do others. She must acknowledge Taurus' deep feelings and not discount them or just brush them off.
- Make time for pampering: Leo often juggles many balls at once, so she must learn to take a day off just for pampering. Taurus loves creature comforts, so this is something both partners will enjoy.
- Less talking, more doing: Taurus in not particularly verbal. Instead, this sign experiences life. Leo should plan a romantic date that is calm and sensual, and then watch how gentle the Bull can be.
Keeping Leo and Taurus Compatible
The one thing that will cause Taurus and Leo trouble every time is their very natures. Both of these signs are fixed, and along with Scorpio and Aquarius, they don't give up ground easily. This is a challenge that needs overcoming, especially in a romantic relationship. When conflict arises, as it's bound to, one or both of these signs will need to bend a bit, and this is something both Leo and Taurus loathe.
Keeping Pride in Check Helps Leo and Taurus
This issue of pride is a central theme in a Taurus Leo relationship, and if not dealt with quickly, it can lead to heartbreak and unnecessary pain. If both Taurus and Leo can learn to navigate this potential pitfall and truly understand each craves what the other has to offer, they have every chance of making a go at it.