If you have an Aquarius stellium in your birth chart, you're probably described as social and friendly but quirky and full of strange but fascinating ideas. Some individuals will see you as exciting, while others will see you as a rebel or trouble maker. But one thing's for sure: you're definitely a rugged, individualist and bold thinker who lives your life your way.
What Is a Stellium in Aquarius?
A stellium is a group of three or more planets in the same sign that are conjunct one another. An Aquarius stellium is simply three or more planets conjunct in Aquarius. Aquarius is the masculine (outgoing) Fixed (unmovable) Air (mental) sign of the zodiac. It represents independent and out-of-the-box thinking, as well as the use of the intellect, mind, and artistic skills to engage the outer world.
The Rulers of Aquarius
Due to its ruler, Uranus, Aquarius is known for its eccentricity and unique take on life. However, it's often forgotten that Saturn, the taskmaster, is the traditional ruler of Aquarius. Saturn gifts Aquarius with the hard work ethic and rational mind for which Aquarius is also known.
An Aquarius Stellium
An Aquarius stellium strongly emphasizes, even exaggerates, the personality traits and preoccupations of Aquarius. An individual with an Aquarius stellium:
- Has a distinct personality and can exude confidence, but at times also feels humble and unworthy
- Has a tremendous need for freedom and independence
- Is typically a magnetic and friendly individual who attracts people like crazy but tends to be a loner
- Is a team player who treats everyone equally and is socially conscious
- Is often a genius in a given field, but on the other hand, may simply have eccentric ideas
- Can be a trendsetter or behind the times
- Never wants to be like anyone else
A Different View of Life
Those with an Aquarius stellium have a different view of life. Emotions don't cloud their clarity, and their personal feelings don't sway them. They are iconoclasts with an objective and universal way of thinking. Whether they're engrossed in thoughts about music, art, community, human rights, animal protection, alternative healing, business, etc., their ideas are exceptional and inventive, but also rational and objective.
Negatives of an Aquarius Stellium
Of course, an Aquarius stellium can also exaggerate some darker traits of Aquarius, and the individual can:
- Become disconnected from their emotions and those of others
- Become absent-minded due to the inward focus on their own ideas
- Be undemonstrative
- Runaway from personal dramas
- Be so dedicated to their Aquarian mission that they forget their loved ones.
The House and Planets of an Aquarius Stellium
The houses or houses where the Aquarius stellium is located will be the central focus. The house where Uranus and Saturn reside will tell you where the focus originated. Additionally, each planet involved in the stellium rules a house, and those houses are drawn into the mix. This means a pack of Aquarian planets can color many activities and areas of the person's life.
Garth Brooks' Aquarius Stellium
The effects of an Aquarius stellium can be better understood when you study the life's story and the natal chart of Garth Brooks, whose quirky and rowdy style of country music changed the genre and made him the top-selling solo album artist in U.S. history. Garth was born on February 7, 1962, at 1:07 PM in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He has a super-charged Aquarius (♒︎) stellium that includes the Midheaven (MC). Aquarius is also on the cusp of his ninth house. The Boot gives Garth Brooks a very Aquarian description when they write he's the "People Loving People" singer.
His Aquarius Stellium includes:
- Saturn (♄) in 4° Aquarius
- Mars (♂︎)in 4° Aquarius
- Mercury (☿) in 13° Aquarius
- South Node (☋) in 18° Aquarius
- Sun (☉) in 18° Aquarius
- Jupiter (♃) in 19° Aquarius
- Venus (♀︎) in 21° Aquarius
- Midheaven (MC) in 25° Aquarius
Uranus (♅), the modern ruler of his Aquarius stellium, is on the cusp of his fourth house. Saturn, the traditional ruler of Aquarius, is the lead planet and exactly conjunct Mars, giving his Aquarius stellium stamina and drive.
Unweaving Garth Brooks' Stellium
A recent A&E's Biography titled Garth Brooks: The Road I'm On, delves into Garth Brooks' complex Aquarian psyche.
A Very Aquarian Upbringing
Uranus is in Leo in the fourth house of his birth chart. Garth Brooks is part of a large group of individuals born between early 1956 and late 1962 that would find individualistic ways of expressing themselves and making their mark on the world. In his fourth house, Uranus reveals that the impetus for his worldly fame (MC) began with home and family. Early family life:
- Garth was the youngest of six kids and was raised a blended yours-mine-ours family (an Aquarian family.)
- His older brother, Mike, says in the A&E's Biography that Garth was always kind of, "How can I get my space in the group" (Aquarius).
- Garth says, "the dynamic of our family was 120 miles an hour, 24 hours a day. It was never quiet; it was never calm" (Uranus in the fourth).
- Garth also says that his former military Dad told the kids, "I don't care if it's tiddlywinks, you're gonna be on a team. You're gonna be part of something bigger than you can be by yourself" (Aquarius).
Ninth House Stellium
The ninth house is a life-affirming house, and this jam-session of Aquarian planets in the ninth house is always on stage (pun intended) for all the world to see. It also reveals that Garth Brooks adventurously looks at the world in a wide-angled manner (9th house). The bigger picture of life inspires his robust participation in life.
With an Aquarius Midheaven, Garth Brooks' claim to fame was to come from doing something unique and different from everyone else. True to his exaggerated Aquarian nature, he infused his brand of country music with new sounds and athletic performances that rivaled stadium rock bands. His vocals were more aggressive, and the videos that accompanied his music contained storylines that were globally oriented (Aquarius.) Some of his best and most controversial work, The Thunder Rolls, Friends in Low Places, and We Shall Be Free, deal with social issues (Aquarius.) Garth Brooks' Aquarius stellium is written all over his life story.
A Quintessential Aquarian
If you have an Aquarius stellium, keep in mind that it's a complicated mixture of interests, challenges, and gifts that are important to your life. Unweaving a stellium is not easy, but if you have an Aquarius stellium, your life's story is likely to be quintessentially Aquarian.