You can use healing crystals to align your chakras, which are life force energy centers that connect the physical to the etheric. Whether you have a single crystal or crystals in every color, you can use them to balance and harmonize your chakras.
Using Crystals for Chakra Alignment
You have seven primary chakras running through your body's central core. These chakras connect your body and mind to your emotions and spirit. When the chakras are out of balance or in a state of dis-harmony, issues of the body, mind, and spirit may result. Chakras may become blocked, underactive, or overactive for various reasons, such as emotional upset, illness, karmic issues, or even issues rooted in childhood or past lives. Crystals that vibrate at the optimal frequency for each chakra can align and balance all chakras.
7 Essential Crystals Method
A simple way to align all the chakras is to lie with a crystal on each chakra. You can use the 7 essential crystals for beginners and lie on your back with one crystal on each chakra as follows:
- Root - smoky quartz
- Sacral - carnelian
- Solar plexus - citrine
- Heart - rose quartz
- Throat - chalcedony
- Third eye - amethyst
- Crown - clear quartz
Lie for about ten minutes with the crystals in place, focusing on your breathing. Your root chakra crystal should be just beneath your root chakra (between your legs) and the crown crystal should be just above the top of your head. Place all other crystals directly on your body. Cleanse the crystals after use.
Matching Crystal Color to Chakra Color Method
You can also choose crystals that match the color of each chakra to balance them. As with the previous method, place the root chakra crystal just below your root chakra between your legs and the crown chakra crystal just above the top of your head with all others directly on each chakra. Use a crystal with the following colors for each chakra:
- Root - red or black
- Sacral - orange
- Solar plexus - yellow or gold
- Heart - green or pink
- Throat - blue
- Third eye - violet or purple
- Crown - white or clear
As with the previous method, lie for ten minutes on your back. Visualize each chakra as a glowing wheels of color rotating in a clockwise direction (note the diagram above for colors) and visualize the energy of the crystal mixing and blending with the colors of each chakra. Cleanse your crystals after use.
Clear Quartz Method
If you don't have a ton of crystals in various colors, it's okay. Clear quartz is the most abundant crystal available, and you can find it almost anywhere.
- Gather two pieces of clear quartz.
- Clear and program the quartz. While programming the quartz, state the intention is chakra alignment, using a phrase such as: "These pieces of quartz will align and balance my chakras."
- Lie on your back. Place one piece of the programmed quartz just above the crown of your head and the other just below your root chakra on the bed, table, or floor between your legs.
- Focus on breathing and visualize energy running from one piece of quartz to the other, moving through all of your chakras. Do this for at least ten minutes.
Crystal Point Method
For this method, you will need a crystal point - that is, a crystal with a point on one end and flat on the other end. Clear quartz works well here, although you can use any crystal point you wish.
- Cleanse your crystal.
- Lie on your back, holding the crystal in your non-dominant hand with the point showing.
- Starting at your crown chakra, spiral the crystal in a clockwise direction over the chakra, making nine concentric circles outward.
- Move the point from your crown to your third eye, hovering it above your body but drawing a line from crown to third eye.
- Spiral the crystal in nine concentric circles flowing out over your third eye chakra.
- Return the crystal point to your crown and once again move the point above your body down your chakra line from crown to third eye to throat chakra.
- Repeat this for each chakra, always performing nine concentric circles in an outward spiral and returning to the crown chakra to draw the energy downward along your chakra line to the next chakra in line until you reach the root chakra.
- After you've done nine concentric circles with the root chakra, visualize energy flowing from crown to root to crown again.
- Cleanse your crystal after this process.
One of the best ways to maintain health of body, mind, and spirit is by seeking chakra harmony and balance. Crystals provide an excellent tool for creating this balance using simple methods and just a few crystals.