If you're looking for a new way to add the healing energy of crystals to your life, then try using crystal and gem infused water. Using a simple process, even beginners can make their own crystal infused water to bring the healing energy of gemstones into many aspects of their lives.
Crystal Elixirs Explained
Crystal elixirs are made by infusing water with the energy of crystals. There's a principle of physics called entrainment or mode locking in which when two objects vibrating at different frequencies are placed in proximity to one another, they lock into phase (entrain) and begin vibrating at the same frequency. It is believed entrainment is how most forms of energy healing work including crystal healing. This works whether the crystals come in contact with a human being, another object, or water.
Water as an Energetic Medium
Water has long been used as an energetic medium because it adapts to and stores the frequency of other objects. Dr. Masaru Emoto demonstrated water's ability to pick up and store frequency in his experiments, which he published in his book The Hidden Messages in Water. Dr. Emoto demonstrated how the vibrational frequency from things such as thoughts and music affected the structure of water when frozen.
Water's ability to hold energy can also be found in homeopathic remedies. To make homeopathic medicines, substances are added to water and then diluted over and over again until it is so dilute, none of the original substance remains, but the water still holds its vibration. It is the vibration of the initial substance, rather than the substance itself, that brings about healing. Crystal elixirs work similarly; the water holds the energy of the crystals, and it is that vibration that promotes healing of body, mind, and spirit.
Making Safe Crystal Infused Water
Crystal elixirs are easy to make, although you do want to keep safety in mind since some gemstones contain toxic substances that shouldn't be consumed. Therefore, you never want to drop a crystal straight into a glass of water and drink it. However, there are safe ways to create crystal elixirs that allow the energy of the crystals to infuse the water without the crystals ever having direct contact with it.
Use a Commercial Crystal Infusion Product
There are a number of commercial crystal infusion bottles on the market. Some of these have raw quartz-based crystals in them such as amethyst, rose quartz, or clear quartz, which are all non-toxic, and these crystals do come in direct contact with the water. Others have replaceable glass pods that hold the crystals in the water bottle without the gemstones coming into direct contact with the water, which keeps any potentially toxic chemicals from leaching into it. A few to consider:
- Vitajuwel Gemwater products: Vitajuwel makes an array of safe crystal infusion products including decanters, water bottles, water dispensers, pet water dishes, and more. The gemstones are encased in lead-free glass domes (gem pods), vials, or glass droplets that can be placed in water, and they contain various combinations of crystals. Gem pods for water bottles are interchangeable.
- Elixir2Go crystal elixir water bottle: Elixir2Go's crystal water bottle features a glass bottle with a screw-off bottom containing various gemstones. The crystals are completely sealed in glass, and it's easy to change them. You can even remove the gemstones that come with the water bottle and add your own mix. The crystals don't come in direct contact with the water, providing a safe way to make gemstone elixirs.
Make Your Own Gem Elixirs
You don't need any expensive products to have crystal elixirs readily available. You can make your own using simple tools you probably already have at home.
- Clean sealable clear glass container, such as a mason jar
- Spring water
- Medium-sized bowl or larger jar in which the smaller jar will fit.
- Freshly cleansed crystals
- Fill the glass container with spring water and seal it.
- Place it in the larger container.
- Carefully add crystals around the base of the smaller container.
- Allow the jar to sit in contact with the crystals for 48 hours.
- Remove the water container from the crystals. Refrigerate the water and use as needed.
You can also set the containers as they infuse outside in the light of a full-moon overnight to add moon energy to your crystal elixir or out in the sunlight to add sun energy.
Some Crystal Combinations to Try
When making elixirs, consider the following crystal combinations. Since some of these gemstones contain toxic substances, only use the safe elixir method above and keep the crystals out of direct contact with the water.
- Clear quartz + smoky quartz = positivity
- Carnelian + citrine = joy
- Rose quartz + green calcite = love
- Carnelian + blue lace agate = creativity
- Citrine + peridot = prosperity
- Moss agate + green calcite = plant elixir (water plants)
- Amethyst + clear quartz = spiritual growth
- Turquoise + clear quartz = physical health
- Rainbow fluorite + selenite = purification
- Amber + chalcedony = anti-inflammatory
- Chalcedony + blue lace agate = anti-anxiety/calming (works for pets, too)
You can also use single crystals; the individual crystal's healing properties will transfer to the water.
How to Use Crystal Infused Water
There are many uses for crystal-infused water. In general, a little goes a long way. You don't have to drink it by the gallon to gain the benefits. Never consume or give to pets water that has had direct contact with crystals; only consume it when it is made using the safe methods above.
- Drink eight ounces of crystal infused water daily.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup to your bath.
- Add a teaspoon to your beauty products, such as shampoo, body wash, or conditioner.
- Add 1/2 cup to the water you use to water plants.
- Add 1/2 cup to your pet's water dish.
- Add a teaspoon to house cleaning products or laundry detergent.
- Put 1/4 cup in a spray bottle with a few drops of essential oils along with a teaspoon of aloe vera juice or plain vodka (as an emulsifier) and use as a room spray. Shake well before spraying.
Bring More Crystal Energy Into Your Life
Gem infused waters are a great way to bring the healing energy of crystals into other aspects of your life. You can even use them to share healing energy with plants and pets so everyone and everything in your life can benefit from the healing power of gemstones.