Love and marriage do indeed go together 'like a horse and carriage' when the partners are Taurus and Cancer. There is natural compatibility between these two signs because they are earth and water element signs, and they share many of the same goals and requirements in life. Still, there are differences and adjustments to make a marriage work.
What Taurus Needs
- Taurus needs solid ground to sink its roots into and draw strength from the living planet.
- This sign values security and material comfort and is looking for a partner who can share their home and personal values.
- Taurus brings a strong work ethic and the ability to earn a good living to the table.
- Taurus is a money magnet, but money is only a means to them, not an end. What matters is their immediate environment, body, home, and family. They prefer to devote their time to caring for and preserving these things.
- Earthy and sensual, Taurus requires physical love, tangible expressions of affection, and a life partner to share them with.
What Cancer Needs
- Above all, Cancer needs to be safe. Home, roots, family, and nurturing relationships are the keys to the heart of a Cancer.
- A life that is free enough of structure to allow for the ebb and flow of feelings (like the cycles of the Moon) is important to them.
- More than physical safety, Cancer needs emotional safety to know their emotions are accepted, and they are cherished.
- In marriage, a Cancer wants children, as many as possible, to love, cherish, nurture and fuss over.
- Cancer's strengths are empathy and the ability to make a home feel welcoming, warm, and nurturing.
Challenges in a Cancer and Taurus Relationship
These two signs have an easier time in marriage than most other sign combinations. Their needs are so compatible they can fit together like long-lost parts of a single soul. Still, they have their differences.
- Taurus is not comfortable with strong emotions or change.
- Fixed Taurus wishes everything would stay the same always, yet Cancer, the Moon-child, is tuned to the waves of cycles and changes and cannot thrive in a static environment.
- In marriage, they help each another find balance by integrating the power inherent in their opposite signs (where Earth is, always opposite the Sun).
- Taurus is deep and capable of powerful transformation and regeneration once it integrates its Scorpio qualities.
- Cancer is stable, authoritative, and competent when it integrates its Capricorn side.
Cancer Taurus Similar Goals
Taurus and Cancer are both focused on home and family with an emphasis on creating a stable, loving environment for the children they both want. This is a fundamental alignment that gives them a great advantage in marriage despite the differences in their personal styles. With time and the trust that inevitably grows between them, they will learn to accept each other for who they are and love them all the more for it. They value the gifts the other brings, their shared agreements as parents, and their focus on caring for their children. They are both wonderful parents, strong and loving, with Cancer providing the primary nurturing while Taurus provides the safe and comfortable environment.
Taurus-Cancer Sexual Compatibility
Taurus is sensual and physically affectionate, while Cancer is empathic and responsive. Once their bond is affirmed in marriage, their sexual connection can only deepen. Both have relatively simple needs: touch and affection, closeness and caresses, followed by deep strong sex that doesn't need to be fancy to be powerful. With these two, the feeling and sensation are most important. Both signs love foreplay and long sensual caresses. If Cancer's emotional needs are not met, he or she will resort to fantasies for a sexual boost but because Taurus is naturally kind (co-ruled by Venus), the sexy give and take of each moment will likely be plenty hot enough.
A Long Happy Life
These two signs are very lucky to find one another. In the beginning, their different styles can be disconcerting but the longer they are together and the more deeply they grow to trust each other, the less important those differences become. They both want a stable home and family with children, and they bring complementary gifts to the relationship. This is a recipe for a strong marriage and a rewarding family life.