Libra and Sagittarius are considered the optimists of the zodiac. A Libra man and a Sagittarius woman have a natural affinity for and complement each other. Although their methods of behavior differ, the difference can stir the fires of love.
Air Meets Fire
Libra is a cardinal air sign. Sagittarius is a mutable fire sign. This fire and air mixture can keep their times together fun and exciting and their relationship vibrant and alive. However, before love ever comes into the picture, these two will have become friends and even if the romantic relationship ends, their friendship can be enduring.
The Libra Man
A Libra man not only wants companionship from his romantic partner, he wants mental stimulation. He's a charming man who craves a significant other in his life and is a favorite of the ladies. However, physical attraction and great sex are not enough to hold onto a Libra man. Only if there's true companionship and a meeting of the minds will he feel truly satisfied and fulfilled in a relationship.
The Sagittarian Woman
A Sagittarius woman is restless, spontaneous, and always on the move. She's outgoing, friendly, and fun, wants to be where the actions is, and if something interesting or exciting is going on, she wants to be a part of it. She's not into cozy domesticity and will only feel satisfied and fulfilled in a romantic relationship that is fun, intellectually stimulating, and allows her lots of freedom.
If there's any Sun sign match that's heaven blessed, it's a match between Libra and Sagittarius. Libra is ruled by lovely Venus, the planet of love. Sagittarius is ruled by expansive Jupiter, the planet of good fortune. These two planets are considered the lesser and greater benefices of the zodiac. The gifts they bring to a Libra/Sagittarius relationship are prosperity and happiness.
A Libra man is the intelligent, charming, and gracious child of Venus. He's impartial, glosses over their differences, and brings balance, joy, pleasure, happiness, and direction into a Sagittarian woman's life. A Sagittarian woman is the cheerful, happy-go-lucky child of Jupiter; she brightens, expands, and adds adventure and fun to a Libra man's life.
A Libra man and Sagittarius female are on the same wavelength in so many ways. When these two are interacting in a healthy, well-balanced manner, they stimulate and excite each other, as well as all those who associate with them. At their best, a Sagittarian woman brings fire and passion to the Libra man's life and brightens up his natural charm, while he slows her down and gently leads her in the right direction.
They play off each other perfectly:
- He craves perfect love, companionship, and someone to share his life. She's an optimist who's filled with romantic longings and is always in search of the perfect partner.
- Both are happiest when leading an active social life and need the freedom to be out and about, learning new things, and making new contacts and friends.
- Both have active, lively minds and are interested in what's going on in the world, and both want to share their interests and enthusiasms with their partner.
- Both are intelligent, inquisitive, alert, mentally agile, and anxious to hear what everyone has to say.
- Both are charming conversationalists who love to talk and debate.
- Both love to be on the go, traveling, meeting new and exciting people, and learning new things.
- Neither is into the domestic life.
- Neither likes stagnancy nor to feel that anything in their life has become dull.
Happiness Is Contagious
Libra and Sagittarius are both people who love people and even as their love blooms, they need people around. This is not a couple who cocoons or drops their friends. Though their modes of operation differ, each complements the other in their shared need for an active social life filled with different and varied people, places, and things.
He schmoozes while she brightens spirits with her happy-go-lucky manner and offbeat sense of humor. Combined, they are a highly social and well-liked couple that has no shortage of friends. Their happiest times together will be spent in the company of others.
Friends and Lovers
No matter how long this couple is together, there will be friends with benefits aspect to their sex life. As a sexual partner, a Sagittarian woman is highly physical, open, direct, bold, and passionate. She's spontaneous, talkative, exploratory, and never afraid to try something new or different. The Libra man is always attentive to his partner's needs and is willing to explore some very exotic places with his enthusiastic partner. The time they spend in bed together will be light, playful, exciting, adventurous, experimental, and always fun.
Laughter Cures All
Two people who love to talk are bound to say things that hurt one another or that lead to a lively debate.
- A Sagittarian woman can be bluntly candid and honest. She seldom minces her words, which can seem insensitive and offensive to a Libra man who always sugar coats his words.
- A Sagittarian woman is outspoken and opinionated. A Libra man loves a heated debate, often provokes arguments, and gives tit-for-tat. These two can certainly have their share of arguments, some very heated
- A Libra man is indecisive, weighs the pros and cons, waffles, and changes his mind, which can drive a restless and impatient Sagittarius woman wild.
Still, neither likes being confrontational, so there's little chance any argument or difficulty can't be put to rest with just a short time out. Neither holds onto anger or hurt feelings. Both are good-natured and have a sense of humor, which makes it likely any difficulties they encounter can eventually be talked through and become a source of amusement that leads to laughter and lovemaking.
Commitment Is a Stumbling Block
The Sagittarius woman often fears commitment will cramp her style. The Libra man waffles and is indecisive. Plus neither is particularly enchanted with the thought of a mom, pop, and the kids sort of life. So theirs will be a long courtship rooted in friendship. However, if they are willing to give time and attention to the romantic aspects of their relationship, trust will grow.
To make the relationship work long term:
- Host, attend parties, socialize, and make new friends.
- Retain the spark of romance in the relationship by traveling together.
- Spend time alone together sharing intimate thoughts, ideas, and feelings.
- Flirt with each other and laugh together.
- Each must give the other the freedom to grow as an individual so the relationship can be refreshed and new experiences shared.
- Revel in the friendship, and the romantic relationship will stay vibrant and alive.
The indelible memories engraved on their hearts and minds when these two interact it these ways can make for a long lasting committed relationship.
Sun Sign Compatibility
Libra/Sagittarius is one of the best Sun sign matches in the zodiac. However, couples are not only their Sun signs. Relationships are much more complicated. The Sun sign is important, but there's much more to consider if you're searching for the perfect astrological partner.
Prince charming and the Gypsy woman may seem an odd sort of coupling, but it just seems to work. Though the Libra man and a Sagittarian woman have differing temperaments, they are both optimistic, charismatic, extroverted, and very social. Perhaps the best aspect of this relationship is that both are willing to let the other be who they are. The Libra man is free to become the center of attention and surround himself with all sorts of interesting people, while the Sagittarius woman is free to seize each moment as it presents itself. Though not exactly compatible, Libra/Sagittarius complement one another. This is a couple who can build a foundation for everlasting happiness that stretches beyond intimacy into friendship itself.