There are many types of soulmates. Sometimes you meet another person, and the two of you just click and become intimate friends and confidants. Other soulmates come into your life for a brief moment to shake it up and challenge you. However, most often when you think of a soulmate, it's someone you're so blissfully and unconditionally in love with that you feel there will never be another like them.
Capricorn Sun Sign Compatibility
Those with the sun sign Capricorn are astrologically compatible with several other sun signs, but you don't fall blissfully and unconditionally in love with everyone you meet whose sun sign is compatible with yours. Still, Capricorns do generally gravitate towards realistic, mature, supportive individuals and expect their soulmate would share their:
- Traditional approach to marriage home, family, and security
- Work ethic and their commitment to long-term goals
- Strength, sense of loyalty, and also be independent, confident, and ever faithful
The sun signs that are most compatible with a Capricorn long term but also different enough to allow for Capricorn's emotional growth are the water signs of passionate Scorpio, gentle Pisces, and nurturing Cancer.
- Scorpio and Capricorn are both hard workers who value home, family, and security. Each is private and reserved, and both prefer a quiet private life.
- Pisces and Capricorn are both very loyal and enjoy harmony over drama or friction. Though these two seem very different, they meet the others needs well.
- Cancer and Capricorn are both traditional, hard-working, security seeking, and family orientated.
A partner with the above qualities can be a very satisfying mate for a Capricorn, and the relationship could be a soulmate connection that lasts a lifetime, or they could be just a life partner. A soulmate differs from a life partner.
Capricorn and a Soulmate
The interesting thing about a soulmate and Capricorn is that when the ordinarily cautious, reserved, and realistic Capricorn meets their soul mate, there's an immediate, magnetic, almost electric attraction, and they feel they know the person even before they know anything about them.
This sudden, unexplainable, otherworldly attraction is unanticipated, unexpected, and feels unsettling and destabilizing. While these feelings happen to everyone who encounters their divine soulmate, it can be particularly disconcerting to a Capricorn.
Throwing Caution to the Wind
This sudden attraction can shock, confuse, and even frighten a usually "I have my life all planned out," "nose to the grindstone" Capricorn. The connection they feel is immediate and emotional. The bond is intense, and there is an odd sense of déjà vu and sexual excitement.
All these feelings are very different for a practical and emotionally reserved earthbound Capricorn who is not overly romantic, tries to keep their emotions in check, and though into commitment is careful and slow to commit. However, more often than not, when ordinarily self-protective Capricorns meet their soulmate, they will throw caution to the wind.
Better When Together
Capricorn and their soulmate are better when they're together. A Capricorn should expect that just the presence of their soul mate will open them up emotionally, make them a better person and spark spiritual growth.
Capricorn's soulmate connection will encourage their soul to grow by:
- Softening them and opening them to the world of emotions
- Understanding and accepting their limitations and imperfections
- Helping them work out their issues and learn from their mistakes
- Making them feel understood, secure, and protected
- Awakening them to their beauty, intelligence, and the hidden spiritual value within themselves
- Transforming their desire for worldly status and recognition into an aspiration to take on responsibilities that will be of benefit to others
- Inspiring them to have far-reaching goals, but not to be so attached to the outcome
The idea of finding a soulmate is a universal desire worldwide; everybody dreams of finding their one and only, and people have different ideas about what soulmate might mean. To most, it's about a blissful romantic love with another that lasts a lifetime. This can indeed be true; however, soul mate relationships are not always easy.
Those of a more metaphysical bent believe a soul's mate is someone that was known in another lifetime, or in many lifetimes, and the souls have come back together to help one another. However, even if the concept of past lives is not part of your reality, a soulmate is a person who in one way or another makes you a better person.
Capricorns should remember these things about divine love soulmates:
- Soulmates come into your life for a reason
- There's unconditional love, but no guarantee of a comfortable, smooth relationship
- Nor is there a guarantee that the two of you will always be together
- You can meet more than one soulmate in your lifetime
- Meeting your soulmate will change your life forever
- If you should part, you'll never forget or stop loving the other
Is Your New Love Mate Your Soulmate?
Unfortunately, the use of simple astrological Sun sign comparisons can't give you much of an answer. Not every compatible connection between sun signs is going to end up being a soulmate connection. If that were true, you'd have more soulmates than you'd know how to handle.
Astrological synastry and the composite chart are the closest astrology can come to answering the question; "Is this my soulmate?"
Astrological synastry, the detailed process of comparing two individual's charts, is interesting and provides a lot of information, and there are some aspects between charts that denote a possible soulmate. But even compatible connections can't say if you and the one you love are soulmates. A challenging love match can also be a soulmate match.
However, two of the best indicators of a soulmate relationship in synastry is when there's a Lunar Node connection (karmic connection) or Venus/Mars conjunction between the two charts. If Saturn is part of the story, that relationship, no matter how difficult, will be hard to break free from and long-lasting.
The Composite Chart
The composite chart is a midpoint chart that blends two horoscopes. It is the chart of the relationship and gives a lot of information about the relationship itself. The composite chart's Lunar Nodes speak of the "why" or purpose of the relationship, and the work a couple came together to do. The Nodes are the storyline of a relationship, and the rest of the charts tells the actual story.
Capricorn's Divine Love Soulmate
Astrology is a valuable tool. It provides a lot of information and can help you know and understand yourself and those you love. But there are some questions it can't adequately answer. A soulmate is a gift from above that will remind, inspire and change a Capricorn's life by instinctively pushing them to access deeper levels of themselves. Even if their soulmate is very different from them, and the relationship is complicated, the connection works because they are both transformed by the other's presence.