A Cancer man and a Capricorn woman are both traditional, hard-working, security seeking, career and family orientated individuals. Neither is quick to fall in love, and both want a lifelong commitment. However, these two don't fit 1950s stereotypical man and woman. So when they fall in love, they'll create a very 21st Century man/woman relationship.
A 21st Century Cancer Man
A Cancer man is a 21st Century man; he's a manly man with some feminine attributes. He's a hard worker who needs financial security but also has a sensitive, emotional, caregiving side. He tends to be a home body, who can cook and manage a home as well as most women. Plus, he's an empathic, protective, and possessive old-fashioned guy who wants a marriage, home, and a family, as well as a successful career.
A 21st Century Capricorn Woman
Hard work, accomplishment, and success is the name of the game for a Capricorn woman. In the past, a Capricorn woman's need to go it alone in the world, have a career, and make her own money was a bit of a female oddity. However, that's changed and in the 21st Century, a Capricorn woman is respected for being just as driven, accomplished, and financially successful as a man. She's a career woman who also wants a marriage, home, and family.
A Complementary Relationship
Cancer and Capricorn have some important similarities, but they're more complementary than compatible. Theirs is an "opposites attract" type of chemistry, where each has a natural ability to compensate for the other's weak points.
- A success driven Capricorn woman can and wants to earn her own money, and she is not shy about paying her fair share, which is complementary to a security-conscious Cancer man who tends to be a bit miserly with his money.
- A Capricorn woman loves a Cancer man's dedication, and a Cancer man loves a Capricorn woman's persistence.
- A Cancer man helps his hard-working Capricorn woman to relax at the end of the day and take time to enjoy the fruits of her labors.
- A Capricorn woman excels at getting to the nitty gritty of any problem, which can benefit a Cancer man who often shies away from stressful situations.
- A Capricorn woman is a stable and dependable person who needs the nurturing, caring, and unconditional love a Cancer man will provide.
- A Cancer man can emotionally soften a Capricorn woman, while she can move him toward greater worldly achievement.
However, the best thing a Cancer man and Capricorn woman in love provide one another is the utter dedication and loyalty they both have for the one they love.
Learning From Their Differences
These two have much to learn from the other, and in the process, each can become more whole.
Each must take care not too overboard with what makes them so different and fight against one another:
- A Capricorn woman must take care she doesn't become an overly self-sufficient loner.
- A Cancer man must take care he doesn't become fearful of his Capricorn woman's independence and become excessively possessive, moody, and needy of her attention.
In the best of worlds, these two will balance one another out:
- A Capricorn woman will learn to appreciate and honor her Cancer man's emotionally caring and nurturing nature and integrate a bit of it into her interactions with others.
- A Cancer man will come to appreciate and honor his Capricorn woman's common sense and realize there are times when it's best to ignore his emotions to get essential things done.
A Cancer man and a Capricorn woman are both into commitment and when they fall in love, they're in it for the long haul and marriage will be on the agenda. Of course, there will be some push-pull in this relationship before they find the correct balance between career, marriage, home, and family. However, with the evolving gender roles of the 21st century, a Cancer man and a Capricorn woman can be great partners who support one another in their separate careers and share the workload of creating a home and raising a family.
Like any couple, there will always be additional influences from other chart factors that influence how they interact. So, if you've met an individual and are serious and curious about the relationship potential, you might want to find an astrologer who's proficient in the detailed process of comparing two individual's charts, Astrological Synastry.