Aries is a leader, but his soulmate is not likely to be a follower. They will be a leader in their own right as well as a mental equal and a sounding board for an Aries' pioneering thoughts and ideas. They will challenge and question Aries, stand up to them, fight with them, and defend them just as furiously. Soulmate relationships are always challenging, and from an astrological perspective, the most challenging relationships for an Aries are with a Cancer, Capricorn, and Libra.
Aries and Cancer
An Aries is direct and physical. They are the trailblazers who courageously open up new territories. A Cancer is also about beginnings, but like a homesteader, their goal is to settle the new territory and make it productive. This is a fascinating couple who can take on the world and build an impressive life together.
- Aries brings passion and excitement; Cancer brings tenderness and comfort. Together they create a union that's both sensual and steamy.
- A sentimental Cancer slows Aries down and teaches them to appreciate life instead of always rushing on to the next thing.
- A cautious Cancer is braver and more direct with an Aries by their side.
- There will be times when Cancer will be hurt by the Aries penchant to be painfully honest.
- There will also be times when an Aries will feel fenced in by Cancer.
However, as soulmates, there are few couples more openly affectionate, more protective of each other, or who can respond to the challenges in their relationship more creatively or with more determination. So, any problems brought on by these issues are the kind that spark growth. Cancer will be less likely to avoid confrontation and Aries will learn freedom with limits.
Aries and Capricorn
Combine the noise, show, natural assertiveness, and good-natured child-like enthusiasm of Aries with the maturity and quiet authority of Capricorn, and you create a competitive and creative team that has trails to blaze and mountains to climb that can be of one mind when pursuing a common goal. As soulmates, they strive to impress each other and to the world, they are an impressive couple.
Creating something together that plays to their differing strengths is fulfilling to both, and because their talents dovetail so beautifully, there's a "we got it together feel" that keeps the romance alive.
- An impulsive Aries contributes the drive, courage, passion, and excitement.
- A responsible Capricorn contributes persistence, maturity, structure, and focus.
- An Aries likes things exciting and fun and will sometimes find a Capricorn boring.
- A Capricorn is always thinking and planning the next move and sometimes finds an Aries' need for instant gratification careless and risky.
However, as soulmates with a shared vision and different approaches to life, they can create a working relationship that's committed to making their vision a reality.
Aries and Libra
Mars rules Aries; Venus rules Libra. Mars and Venus are the planets most associated with love (Venus) and sex (Mars). An Aries and a Libra are like sex magnets to one another. When they unite, they reveal the "opposites attract" nature of soulmate relationships. This is a passionate and feisty coupling of dreamers who are adventurous, expressive and full of grand schemes and plans. As soulmates, they are a tag team in which each person has a distinct role to play.
- Libra provides cool-headedness.
- Aries provides excitement and bold daring.
- Aries thrives on being in charge and doing what they want to do when they want to do it.
- A Libra thrives on partnerships and is likely to consent to whatever an Aries wants to maintain harmony and peace in the relationship.
- An Aries' go-go "just do it" energy can sometimes exhaust a Libra
- A Libra' indecision can sometimes cause an Aries to lose patience.
However, it's through their interactions and the intimate bond they have with each other that an Aries and a Libra can become aware of the negative potential of their opposing natures and begin to work together as one.
Negatively, an Aries can be selfish, immature, unconscious and rabid in their pursuit of what they want, and a Libra can phobic about exercising one shred of independence. As you can imagine there are no checks and balances if both express the negatives.
Clyde Barrow (Aries) and Bonnie Parker's (Libra) destinies were undoubtedly linked. However, in Bonnie and Clyde's love story, neither managed to transcend the negative side of their natures. Their magnetic attraction for one another was to bring them to a tragic end but immortalized them as soulmate lovers who were the "Robin Hoods" of the 1930s Depression Era.
The hallmark of a soulmate relationship is they are intended to unlock a part of you that's longing to be released, and the relationship of Bonnie and Clyde reveals that what you find out about yourself is not always pleasant.
Personal Growth and Life's Lessons
You are unconsciously drawn to your soulmate because they have something you need. This need creates a passion that's unexplainable. You know they are the one and only person who can make your life complete. The romance flows smoothly for a while with great communication, exciting dates, and sizzling sex. You're hooked, and then the life's lessons begin. Soulmate relationships seem to have no astrological sun sign rhyme or reason and to be honest, any combination of sun signs can be a soulmate relationship. So, if you feel you've met your soulmate and they are driving you crazy, consider visiting an astrologer who specializes in relationships for an in-depth relationship consultation.