Those who have Saturn in Virgo in their birth charts are detail-oriented individuals with perfectionist tendencies who doubt their ability to organize and piece everything together. Over their lifetime, Saturn will teach these individuals, through trial and error, to become more organized, efficient, productive and to pay attention to all the small, practical things that keep life thriving.
Saturn and Virgo
Saturn is the wise teacher and taskmaster of the zodiac. It's about limitations, restrictions, fears, commitments, prestige, and maturity. Virgo is the mutable earth sign of the zodiac. It's about prioritizing, perfecting, working, and serving. When Saturn is in Virgo, a person feels limited and restricted in all the aspects of life that Virgo represents.
Saturn in Virgo Dates
Saturn spends about 2.5 years in each sign, but due to retrograde motion, there are times when Saturn will move into Virgo, turn retrograde, move back into Leo, turn direct, and move forward into Virgo a second time. Saturn may also move forward into Libra, turn retrograde, and move back into Virgo. If you were born during the time frames listed below, you have Saturn in Virgo.
- September 18, 1948, until April 2, 1949
- May 29, 1949, until November 20, 1950
- March 7, 1951, until August 13, 1951
- November 16, 1977, until January 4, 1978
- July 26, 1978, until September 21, 1980
- September 2, 2007, until October 29, 2009
- April 7, 2010, until July 21, 2010
- October 5, 2012, until December 23, 2014
Positive Influences of Saturn in Virgo
When expressed positively, those with Saturn in Virgo are modest, humble, hardworking, helpful, observant, organised, methodical, and health conscious individuals who can deal with tedious details with extraordinary patience. But mastering Saturn takes time, and the major challenge these people will have in life is to find personal meaning and joy in their working life and in their mundane everyday existence.
Saturn in Virgo Childhood
Of course, much depends on the entire birth chart, but generally, having Saturn in Virgo suggests that a person had little early stability. It can also mean there was a general lack of boundaries and personal autonomy while growing up. They might have also had to take on more than a child should or felt overwhelmed by a messy and chaotic home life. Childhood experiences are often Saturn in Virgo's first lesson on the importance of having a stable, organized, and healthy life. As adults, many still mirror their childhood and feel that their lives are not their own and are filled with overwhelming drudgery.
Saturn in Virgo Problems
Saturn can compel an individual to move forward, evolve, and overcome obstacles, but Saturn problems are chronic and reoccurring. Those with Saturn in Virgo can have one, two, or more of the issues listed below:
- Frequently overwhelmed by their messy, disorganized, and chaotic life
- Often paralyzed by extreme negativity, worry, hypochondria, or insecurity
- Have a nervous, obsessive-compulsive temperament
- Leave things unfinished because of a fear of not doing everything perfectly
- Exhibit escapist behaviors
- Be continually getting their life back on track
- Be so plagued by perfectionism that they limit their opportunities in life
- Move from job to job
- Lack of respect for boundaries
- Problems with co-dependency
Healing Saturn in Virgo
Significant healing for individuals with Saturn in Virgo can come from finding their own personal power and authority. To do this, they must:
- Face their fear of not being perfect
- Find meaning and joy in their work
- Learn to enjoy everyday routines such as cleaning and organizing their personal space
- Spend some time in meaningful service to others
These endeavors are healing, and something individuals with Saturn in Virgo will strive for throughout their lives.
The good news is that people grow and learn with Saturn. About every 30 years, during their Saturn return, individuals with Saturn in Virgo will be tested by Saturn to see how successful they've been at cleaning up their act. Good or bad, "you'll reap what you've sown" during your Saturn return.
Personalizing Saturn in Virgo
Understanding how an individual's Saturn in Virgo will manifest in their depends on its house position and aspects. To find Saturn's house and aspects, you'll need a birth chart calculated for the location, date, and time you were born. You can find this at AstroSeek.com. However, if you're an astrology novice, a professional astrologer can provide a complete interpretation of your Saturn in Virgo and how it could be affecting your life.
Celebrities With Saturn in Virgo
You can hear Saturn in Virgo speak in these words by celebrities with Saturn in Virgo.
- "I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anybody else to feel like that." ~ Robin Williams
- "It's good to push yourself and do what you don't necessarily want to do, that you're not automatically good at it, you should try it. Trying is so important." ~ Meryl Streep
- "I'm not the easiest person to live with. I'm kind of a slob." ~ Katie Holmes
Transiting Saturn in Virgo
About every 29 years, when Saturn transits Virgo, everyone experiences a serious need to clean up their act in one area of life or another, depending on the astrological house Virgo rules. Saturn next enters Virgo on October 16, 2036.
Dealing With Saturn
Saturn problems are karmic. They can be from your childhood or a past life. So, if you find yourself repeatedly trying to overcome certain stumbling blocks, understanding the sign of your Saturn can help you rise to the occasion and become the highest, most mature and best version of yourself.