Saturn invokes a craving for fairness, balance, beauty, and relationships in life when placed in Libra. This means that over time those with Saturn in Libra have the potential to become thoughtful and balanced decision-makers.
Saturn in Libra
The planet Saturn in a natal chart represents tests, limitations, discipline, responsibility, obligation, perseverance, and ambition. Saturn's sign is the kind of challenges and fears a person will face during their lifetime. Libra is the Cardinal Air sign of balance and relationship. It's ruled by Venus, the planet of love and beauty. Overtime Saturn in Libra teaches the tough lesson of compromise and of balancing their wants and needs with those of others. Saturn's limitations will teach them about fairness, justice, compromise, and becoming involved with others as equals.
Saturn in Libra Challenges
Even though Saturn is exalted in Libra and may not be as challenging as Saturn in Cancer, these individuals still have issues they will deal with during their lives.
- They are often preoccupied with "who's on top"
- They involve themselves in "tit-for-tat" behaviors
- Tend to be passive aggressive
- They instinctively resist new connections
- They tend to avoid situations that could call for a firm commitment.
- Commitments frighten them
- They feel the need for independence yet are lonely
- Tend to concentrate on the superficial social game, yet don't trust it
- They form few partnerships
Saturn in Libra's Potential
Those with Saturn in Libra have the potential to impartially know what is right and fair in any given situation. On the personality level, they perpetually seek out the answers to life's apparent imbalances and, over time, become sound decision-makers, who have developed a talent for mediation and listening to all sides of an issue.
Saturn in Libra Lessons
The hardest lessons for individuals born with Saturn in Libra will be issues related to fairness, balance, compromise, and beauty. Over their lifetime, they will learn:
- When to cooperate or compromise and when differences are too great
- To achieve balance, consensus, and proportion
- To discern beautiful versus trashy
Saturn in Libra and Love Relationships
Saturn is about commitment, and Libra is about relationships. Those with Saturn in Libra have a lot of karma related to relationships and often attract difficult relationships into their life.
- They often find relationships burdensome, painful, and disappointing.
- They fear rejection or losing someone.
- They question how much a partnership might limit their personal freedom.
- Indecision plagues them as their ability to commit comes into question.
- Due to their relationship fears and insecurities, they often delay marriage.
Still, with Saturn in Libra, they are serious about committed relationships but are also very cautious.
Saturn in Libra Childhood
Due to favoritism or unfair treatment and ugliness in childhood, those with Saturn in Libra have a great deal of fear and anxiety relationships. Saturn in Libra children can:
- Be the favored child or the family doormat
- Bottle up their emotions
- Be overly subjective
- Have few friends and a constant gnawing feeling of loneliness
As they grow older, this leads to an urge to right wrongs, bring their life into equilibrium, and find peace and beauty in their world.
Saturn in Libra Dates
Because Saturn spends over two years in each zodiac sign, everyone born during those years will have Saturn in the same sign. Saturn is called a social planet. It reveals how society was limited when an individual was born and how that is affecting their personality. Saturn in Libra dates:
- October 7, 1921, to December 19, 1923
- April 6, 1924, to September 13, 1924
- November 20, 1950, to March 7, 1951
- August 13, 1951, to October 22, 1953
- September 21, 1980, to November 29, 1982
- May 6, 1983, to August 24, 1983
- October 29, 2009, to April 7, 2010
- July 21, 2010, to October 5, 2012
- September 5, 2039, to November 11, 2041
- June 21, 2042, to July 14, 2042
Personalizing Saturn in Libra
The house where Saturn in Libra is located can be particularly burdensome. Additionally, if Saturn in Libra is aligned with the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, or Mars, or is conjunct an angle, its interpretation is significant to the individual's life. To find Saturn's house position and aspects in makes to personal planets, you'll need a birth chart calculated for the location, date, and time you were born.
Celebrities With Saturn in Libra
These celebrities have Saturn in Libra. Each has struggled and persevered in the realm of the arts, entertainment, politics, and/or relationships.
- Beyoncé Knowles
- Kim Kardashian
- Britney Spears
- Vladimir Putin
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Ivanka Trump
- Harvey Weinstein
Saturn Returns to Libra
Saturn, in any sign, can be a lifelong problem that raises its ugly head during Saturn Returns. When transiting Saturn realigns with its natal position every 27-30 years, a person can expect a full-blown reckoning and crisis point. It's normal to feel overwhelmed as Saturn in Libra issues and responsibilities are revisited during its return home. However, this is the time to face these Libra challenges head-on. Essentially, when Saturn returns to Libra, you're being tested.