Individuals born with Neptune in Scorpio find inspiration in the realms of Scorpio. They dance in the dark with the ecstasy and agony of life and trust their instincts and beliefs.
Neptune in Scorpio
Neptune represents transcending visible limits. It's dreams, fantasy, escapism, irrationality, illusions, and delusions. Neptune also rules drugs and pharmaceuticals, mass entertainment, and trends in mainstream music and movies. Scorpio, ruled by Pluto, is the sign of magic, mystery, death and rebirth. Scorpio is the sexually magnetic, ambitious, and enticing fixed water sign that derives its power from deep psychic, emotional connections.
Neptune in Scorpio Dates
Neptune is a slow-moving generational planet that spends 14 years in each sign. If you were born during the dates below, you have Neptune in Scorpio.
- December 24, 1955 until March 11, 1956
- October 18, 1956 until June 15, 1957
- August 5, 1957 until January 4, 1970
- May 2, 1970 until November 6, 1970
Underlying Traits of Neptune in Scorpio
Regardless of their Sun sign, those with Neptune in Scorpio are fascinated (Neptune) by the darker side of life (Scorpio.) Individuals born into this generation can be:
- Dazzled by secrets, mysteries, and taboos
- Open to profound experiences of mysticism and the supernatural
- Fascinated with esoteric religion, ghosts, and the occult
- Obsessed with penetrating the unknown
- Plunge into the emotional depths of nearly every life experience
- Indiscriminately absorb powerful subconscious messages
- Combine spirituality and mysticism with sexuality
Neptune in Scorpio's Generational Problems
Due to their psychic sensitivity, those with Neptune in Scorpio can become numb to pain and suffering and desensitized to trauma. They may also lose perspective on what's essential for their survival, lose their grip on reality, get lost in the dark side, become fearful and victims of powerful unconscious forces.
The Dream of the Neptune in Scorpio Generation
The dream of the Neptune in Scorpio generation is the slow yet complete disintegration of existing taboos and power structures. This is a generation of transformers who are collectively probing what was previously unimaginable - good and bad - and re-imagining what life can be.
Neptune in Scorpio Times
In one way or another, everyone takes on the tenor of the times they are born into. During the 14 years Neptune was in Scorpio, exploring the outer world began with the space program. The exploration of the inner world started with the rising interest in psychology, hallucinogenic substances, and eastern philosophy. These were also the years when the insidious power of television media came into use.
Neptune in Scorpio and Pop Culture
Pop culture is Neptune's domain. Its zodiac sign motivates the music, dance, fashion, books, other daily ephemeral trends that contribute to a generation's identity. The music, film, television, magazines, and books of the 60s carried the essence of and inspired the Neptune in Scorpio generation. Neptune in Scorpio was the era of sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll. True to Scorpio, the late 50s and 1960s were a tumultuous time that provoked fear and revulsion in earlier generations.
Sex, Drugs, and Rock-and-Roll
During the late 50s and 1960s, rock-and-roll caused moral panic for older generations. There was Elvis, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, etc. Music was expressing taboo things in ways it never had before. By the 1960s, rock-and-roll morphed into psychedelic music. Drugs (Neptune) and sexuality (Scorpio) were readily apparent in society. Timothy Leary, the figurehead of the hippie drug culture, told people to "tune in, turn on and drop out." The once traditional way of living life died when Neptune was in Scorpio.
Neptune in Scorpio and Death
Themes of death were common in the Neptune in Scorpio pop culture.
- The TV news media covered the daily body count of the Vietnam war.
- There were war protests and civil rights protests that morphed into deadly riots.
- In 1966 the TIME cover story asked, "Is God Dead?"
- The 60s produced movies such as The Night of the Living Dead, Bonnie and Clyde, Ivan's Childhood, Black Sunday, Psycho, and Rosemary's Baby.
- Surreal and scary TV shows such as Twilight Zone, Great Ghost Tales, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and Dark Shadows mesmerized TV audiences.
- Bestselling books from the era were The Agony and the Ecstasy (1961), The Autobiography of Malcolm X (1965), In Cold Blood (1966), and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969.)
Celebrities With Neptune in Scorpio
The famous individuals listed below have Neptune in Scorpio on their Ascendants. You could say they personify the mystical power of the Neptune in Scorpio generation.
- Naomi Watts
- James Gandolfini
- Vin Diesel
- Edward Norton
- Janet Jackson
- Jim Carrey
Personalizing Neptune in Scorpio
If you have Neptune in Scorpio, you can begin to decipher how it's likely to affect you personally by getting a birth chart calculated by date, time, and place of birth at AstroSeek.com. Then, find the astrological house where Neptune in Scorpio resides. This is the area of life where you're likely to express the traits listed above. When the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, or personal planets are in a significant aspect to Neptune in Scorpio, you're tuned into your generation's broader narrative.