Individuals with Jupiter in Virgo are thoughtful, perceptive, and efficient, but they also have a doubting Thomas within. Those with Jupiter in Virgo place their faith in what's rational, logical, and objective.
Jupiter in Virgo
Jupiter, the Roman god of the sky and heavens, is the generous, righteous, wise, and optimistic planet of good luck and abundance. Virgo, ruled by Mercury, is the critical, analytical, disciplined, perfection, and detail-oriented mutable earth sign of the zodiac. Jupiter is a social planet that represents themes that go above and beyond the individual. Jupiter's sign shows what you believe in and where you hope to find knowledge, grow and bring meaning to your life. For those with Jupiter in Virgo, "God is in the details."
Jupiter in Virgo Traits
Regardless of their Sun sign, those with Jupiter in Virgo are ambitious, clever, resourceful, and use logical argument to challenge or prove Jupiter's faith-based optimism. They have good intentions to improve everything in their life and in the lives of others, but it's fear of the worst that motivates them to take action. Jupiter in Virgo individuals have:
- An enhanced ability to put bits and pieces of various data together into a comprehensive whole
- Increased logical thinking and analytical abilities
- Above average ability to solve problems
- Amplified attention to details
- Outstanding organization skills
- An increased need to guard against risks by preparing for the worst
- High expectations that they can fix and make everything right
Problematic Aspects of Jupiter in Virgo
As with everything in astrology, there are both positive and negative aspects to planet and sign combinations. Those with Jupiter in Virgo can also be:
- Pedantic and narrow
- Critical, argumentative, and verbally confrontational
- Micromanagers who are unwilling to delegate responsibility to others
- Excessive worriers
- Procrastinators, due to their anxiety, stress, and self-doubt
- Over performers whose excess preparation and attention to detail can lead to exhaustion
Making the Best of Jupiter in Virgo
Jupiter in Virgo's penchant for analyzing and perfecting can sometimes stymie Jupiter's growth and development. However, if those with Jupiter in Virgo can embrace the spirit of service and have faith, they can bring their visions into reality. Still, it's important that they accept their limitations, learn from their mistakes, and ask for help from time to time. They are at their best when working with others in service for the common good. Jupiter in Virgo can bring success in business management, education, or public administration.
Jupiter in Virgo Dates
Jupiter takes 12 years to circle the entire zodiac and spends about 12 months in each sign. Everyone born during the dates below has Jupiter in Virgo.
- August 12, 1932 - September 10, 1933
- June 26, 1944 - August 25, 1945
- November 17, 1955 - January 17, 1956
- July 8, 1956 - December 12, 1956
- February 20, 1957 - August 6, 1957
- October 20, 1967 - February 26, 1968
- June 16, 1968 - November 15, 1968
- March 31, 1969 - July 15, 1969
- September 30, 1979 - October 27, 1980
- October 11, 1992 - November 10, 1993
- August 28, 2003 - September 24, 2004
- August 11, 2015 - September 9, 2016
- July 26, 2026 - August 24, 2028
Jupiter in Virgo Speaks
You can hear Jupiter in Virgo speak in these words of famous individuals with Jupiter in Virgo.
"Put your vision to reality." ~ Bob Marley: Jupiter in Virgo in the 10th house, Sun in Aquarius
"Some people go to bed at night thinking, 'That was a good day.' I am one of those who worries and asks, 'How did I screw up today?'"~ Tom Hanks: Jupiter in Virgo in the 12th house, Sun in Cancer
"Unclog your mind. Unclog your room. Arrange your room in a way you wish your mind would be." ~ Yoko Ono: Jupiter in Virgo in the 12th house, Sun in Aquarius
"I could become a huge star, or I could get cancer tomorrow." ~ Mark Ruffalo: Jupiter in Virgo in the 9th house, Sun in Scorpio
"I grew up playing in clubs - that's my spiritual stomping ground." ~ Eric Clapton: Jupiter in Virgo in the 11th house, Sun in Aries
Personalizing Jupiter in Virgo
Because many people are born during the year Jupiter is moving through (transiting) Virgo, you'll need a birth chart calculated for the date, time, and location of birth to personalize Jupiter. You can get one at AstroSeek.com. Look for the astrological house Jupiter in Virgo occupies for clues about what Jupiter in Virgo might indicate. Keep in mind that the traits listed above are generic and can be exaggerated or minimized by other placements in an individual's birth chart. Of course, it's best to visit a professional astrologer for the full Jupiter in Virgo story.