Jupiter is the planet that extends your ideal self into society. The Sun and every other planet are influenced by Jupiter. Regardless of a person's Sun sign, individuals with Jupiter in Leo are irresistibly swayed to be a bright and shining "star."
Jupiter in Leo
Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, is the planet of luck that grants you gifts and blessings. Unlike the Sun, Mercury, Moon, Venus, or Mars, Jupiter is not a personal planet. It's the social planet that describes how you can be the most successful in society at large. Leo, the "I am" Fixed Fire sign of the zodiac, is ruled by the bright and shining Sun. Leo is the "see me - love me" sign of the zodiac. When Jupiter hooks up with Leo, it's a dynamic, encouraging, adventurous, and powerful combination.
Traits of Jupiter in Leo
Leo is exuberant, warm-hearted, generous, ambitious, and likes to be on "center stage" These traits are greatly enhanced when Jupiter is in Leo. At their best, those with Jupiter in Leo:
- Are active in the world
- Have an abundance of vitality
- Live life to the fullest
- Take center stage in their chosen field
- Can be a shining light that empowers and inspires others
- Have tremendous faith in themselves.
- Are actively creative
- Like to take the lead
- Are romantic and openly affectionate
- Are kind and loving
- Are incredibly loyal and supportive
Problematic Aspects of Jupiter in Leo
When Jupiter and Leo hook up, the combined energy can become too much of a "good thing," and the individual can be:
- Long-winded, blustery, and preachy "show off"
- Unconcerned with the consequences of their behavior
- A glutton for attention
- Have an out of proportion view of their own importance
- Overly extravagant in word and deed
- Overly autocratic and dramatic
Making the Best of Jupiter in Leo
Jupiter in Leo bequeaths a larger-than-life personality and supreme confidence. Opportunity and abundance for these are individuals lie in projecting their noble, regal, or grand style and in their ability to self-promote and take charge. However, they are not likely to take the back seat to anyone, so self-restraint and thoughtfulness are crucial to making the best of Jupiter in Leo.
Jupiter in Leo Dates
It takes Jupiter about 12 years to circle the zodiac. It spends about 12 months in each sign. Your Jupiter would be in Leo if you were born between the dates below.
- June 18, 1931 - August 11, 1932
- June 31, 1943 - June 25, 1944
- June 13, 1955 - November 16, 1955
- January 18, 1956 - July 7, 1956
- May 24, 1967 - October 19, 1967
- February 27, 1968 - June 15, 1968
- September 6, 1978 - February 28, 1979
- April 21, 1979 - September 29, 1979
- August 19, 1990 - September 12, 1991
- August 2, 2002 - August 27, 2003
- July 17, 2014 - August 11, 2015
- July 1, 2026 - July 26, 2027
Jupiter in Leo in a Birth Chart
Due to the amount of time Jupiter spends in each sign, many people are born during the time Jupiter is in Leo. All have an urge to take "center stage" and be seen as special in one way or another. To discover where and how you can shine and live your life to the fullest, you'll need to get an accurate birth chart. Then:
- Find for the astrological house in which Jupiter in Leo resides. This is the area of life where you'll be the most prosperous and have the best of luck when you express the positive traits listed above.
- Then check out the astrological sign and house placement of your Sun, Jupiter's ruler. Understanding your Sun sign will give you more clues about how you can step into the limelight.
Visit a Professional Astrologer
To find out more about how you can tap into your Jupiter Leo gifts and what might be holding you back, a professional astrologer can help by interpreting your chart from your Jupiter in Leo's perspective.
Famous Individuals With Jupiter in Leo
You can see Jupiter in Leo in action in the lives and words of these famous individuals who have Jupiter in Leo.
"As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others." ~ Bill Gates (Jupiter in Leo, Sun in Scorpio)
"If my poetry means anything, it's to deliver people from the limited ways in which they see and feel." ~ Jim Morrison (Jupiter in Leo, Sun in Sagittarius)
"Every breath you take today should be with someone else in mind." ~ Elizabeth Taylor (Jupiter in Leo, Sun in Pisces)
"We are about creating a new wave of talent. We are the Manchester United of kitchens now. Am I playing full time in the kitchen? I am a player-coach." ~ Gordon Ramsay (Jupiter in Leo, Sun in Scorpio)
"Fame is like ice cream, it's only bad if you eat too much." ~ Mick Jagger (Jupiter in Leo, Sun in Leo)
Your ideas, goals, behavior, and place in society change over time. Every 12 years, when Jupiter returns home is an auspicious occasion and the start of a new 12-year cycle. If you have Jupiter in Leo, your Jupiter return is a year of renewed vitality and enthusiasm to take center stage and shine.