It's not always easy to determine whether you and a friend or potential lover will work as a duo, but you can determine whether you have compatible zodiac signs and go from there. Almost any combination can fall in love and initially have great sex, but the question soon becomes, "Do we like each other enough to continue and/or can we really live together?" The combinations listed below have the potential for natural, unguarded long lasting like/love relationships.
Independent, action oriented and passionate, but not particularly romantic Aries does best with an original, independent Aquarius or an expressive, quick-witted Gemini.
- Gemini and Aries both are versatile, inquisitive and fun loving. Each wants to experience everything in life, can become bored easily, and need unquestioned freedom.
- Aquarius and Aries both have an unpredictable, dynamic, and free-thinking style. Plus, the Aquarian quirky, uninhibited, and experimental style suits Aries quite well.
As one of the most gentle, sensual and romantic signs of the zodiac, Taurus will be happiest with a Cancer or a Pisces. Both Cancer and Pisces are highly imaginative and sympathetic individuals. Taurus with either of these two is a sweet and gentle coupling.
- Cancer and Taurus both value the home and family, enjoy working towards financial security, appreciate stability in a partner, like a lot of affection, and enjoy being nurtured.
- Pisces and Taurus are passionate, romantic, caring, and loyal individuals. Commitment and trust is central to both, and each tends to be quiet, reserved, and very sentimental.
Gemini people are brilliant conversationalists, vivid talkers, quick thinkers, very social, and easily adapt to new situations. They're gad-about nature works best with an enthusiastic, optimistic Aries or a cheerful, humorous Leo.
- Aries and Gemini both get bored easily, seek excitement, need personal space and freedom, love debates, and live life at a break-neck speed.
- Add the drama and charisma of Leo to Gemini's intelligence and creativity, and you end up with a dynamic coupling. Leo/Gemini feed off each other. Both are very social, playful, competitive, and passionate about having a good time.
Those with the Sun in Cancer are loving, nurturing people who are highly sensitive and active, but seldom direct in anything they do. Above all, they need the feeling of comfort and security that responsible, stable Taurus or hardworking, practical Virgo can offer.
- Taurus and Cancer are both family orientated, are very sentimental, prefer staying home over socializing, and enjoy having the best, but at a bargain price.
- Virgo and Cancer are both very loyal to their partner. Each values stability and security, as well as order and routine in their lives, and both are highly affectionate and enjoy pleasing their partner.
Leos are assertive, dynamic, generous, playful, and they love to party and to be the center of attention. These bold, "see me" party animals will be at their best coupled with affectionate, fun, outgoing Gemini or gracious, charming Libra.
- There's great chemistry in a Leo/Gemini match. Both are outgoing and sociable, and both enjoy making others laugh. There will be a lot of laughter and light hearted flirtatious fun in this relationship.
- Libra and Leo will inspire one another. Both are optimistic, creative, very social, and love to dress up and to be the center of attention. Additionally, each has a classy, refined style, charisma, and is playful.
Virgos are tender, faithful, modest and reserved. They are always very careful to pay attention to the smallest detail and leave nothing to chance. Virgo's most natural and unguarded relationships will be with tenacious, loyal Cancer or with resourceful, stubborn Scorpio.
- Cancer and Virgo are both very hard working and thrifty, and both have a great appreciation of home, often preferring a quite family life above all else.
- Scorpio and Virgo both have a private or conservative streak and enjoy spending time alone. Each has an eye for critical detail, likes to understand things, is orderly, reliable, not afraid of hard work, and financially astute.
Libra individuals are peaceful and fair. Beautiful inside and out, they are ever gracious, vivacious, and charming. Born to interact with others, they have a gift for putting people at ease and sensing what others need before they even ask for it. Libras have a natural simpatico with creative, warm-heated Leo or idealistic, humorous Sagittarius.
- Leo and Libra share the same pleasure-loving approach to life. Both are incurable romantics who are in love with love. Each oozes charm and charisma and is blessed with better-than-average people skills.
- Sagittarius and Libra both like to make everyone happy. People love them, and each enjoys excitement, adventure, and being out and about. Both are romantics who tend to avoid confrontation where possible.
Scorpios are strong-willed, bold, courageous, competitive, resourceful, mysterious, and direct. These are the guys and gals who seem to live life on the edge of one extreme or another and play their cards close to the vest. The individuals who can best understand and deal with Scorpio's complicated nature are disciplined, self-controlled Capricorn or methodical, analytical Virgo.
- Virgo and Scorpio both are cautious, reserved, investigative, and thrifty. Each values solitude and is very self-sufficient. They complement each other's strengths and weaknesses well.
- Capricorn and Scorpio are each very loyal, neither has a problem with commitment, and both hang in through thick or thin. They are equally sensible with money, and each is prepared to work hard to improve their long-term security.
Sagittarius is extroverted, optimistic, enthusiastic, and thrives on variety. To think it, do it, be it, live, love, laugh, and be happy is their aim in life. The most natural match for these free-spirted individuals are fair-minded, social Libra or quirky, independent Aquarius.
- Libra and Sagittarius are both optimistic, outgoing, charismatic, extraverted, energetic, and very social. Each relishes friendship, and they play off one another well.
- Aquarius and Sagittarius both are intelligent, independent, fair-minded, and open to living an unconventional life. Plus, neither is judgemental, and each is always ready to break a few rules and make life interesting.
Those with the Sun in Capricorn are cool, calm, collected, ambitious, eternally optimistic, and determined to succeed. They are firmly grounded in reality, have a strong sense of responsibility, and are very loyal. The people who are most compatible with a Capricorn long term are brave, passionate Scorpio and gentle, wise Pisces.
Aquarians can be shy and quiet, but on the other hand they can be eccentric, talkative, and energetic risk takers. They are free-thinkers, who are highly intellectual and constantly strive to be surrounded by others. Loyal, committed and not at all possessive the individuals who can understand them best are honest, passionate Aries or honest and frank Sagittarius.
- Aries and Aquarius are both rebellious at heart, and neither seeks nor needs the approval of others. These two see things the same way, and both look optimistically to the future rather than dwelling on the past or tradition.
- Sagittarius and Aquarius seem to have an innate understanding of each other. Each is optimistic, upbeat, forward thinking, and progressive, and both have a need to be free and independent.
Pisces individuals are gentle and trusting individuals who accept everyone for who they are and often find themselves in the company of very different people. Pisces are flexible, forgiving, selfless, and always willing to help others. These kind and gentle souls will be the most comfortable and secure with a reliable, patient Taurus or a disciplined, rational Capricorn.
- Taurus and Pisces have a gentle, magical emotional connection. Each craves romance and beauty in their lives, and both will do anything needed to keep that beauty alive.
- Capricorn and Pisces have the ability to awaken the best qualities in each other and share strong intimacy through a deep, but emotionally rational understanding.
So Many Combinations
There are 12 different Sun signs, each with its own specific traits, desires and attitude towards life and people. Which means there are 144 different combinations, some much more complex than others. While some of these couplings listed above may not be the most magnetic or exciting, they do offer each couple all the prerequisites for a healthy, happy and successful long term love relationship with few hassles. What are these prerequisites?
- An attraction for one another.
- An understanding of one another.
- Shared values and interests.
- A feeling of comfort and security with one another.
- Just enough differences to spice things up.
It's difficult to have a truly healthy relationship unless you really understand yourself first. Often what you think you want in a relationship is very different from what you're actually attracted to, need or would benefit from. Any astrological compatibility chart reading begins with the astrologer getting a full picture of each individual. Sure, the Sun sign is important, but so are a multitude of other factors. Only by analyzing and synthesizing all of that personal data can an astrologer get full insight into the personality of each partner. And that's when the real fun and complexity of an astrological compatible chart reading actually begins.