Taurus, the bull, is the great stabilizer of the zodiac. Taurus individuals are down to earth, practical, methodical, have epicurean tastes, finely tuned senses, and an eye for beauty, but they can also be painfully intransigent. However, they're usually kind, gentle, hardworking souls who are loyal, steadfast and although known to be somewhat frugal, they will generously lend a helping hand to family, friends, or even strangers.
Taurus: The Strong Bull
Born between April 20th and May 20th (approximately), Taurus can be very stubborn in their perspective about life. They are physically strong, mentally tough, and connoisseurs when it comes to the finer things in life. They have superb taste in clothes and almost everything else. Bulls also have a talent for making and managing money and are known for surrounding themselves with the best money can buy.
Generally good-natured, they can be very impatient and will snort and stamp if kept waiting. If Taurus feels strongly enough that you're wrong or just don't have all the facts, they'll let you know in no uncertain terms and have little regard for your feelings.
Key Personality Traits
Taurus is fixed Earth, this leads to most of a Taurus individual's key personality traits.
It's easy to see how the bull is always in charge. If some poor soul thinks they can just barge in and take over, they'll find they are soon on their way out the door. The last thing one wants to do is challenge a bull head-on because they know how to butt heads and come out the winner.
Astute and Observant
The bull is very knowledgeable about the world, incredibly articulate, and has a great speaking voice. They are great listeners, highly observant, and their minds are like a sponge that soaks up and holds onto data and facts and stores them for that moment when they're needed or when they can be used to impress.
Strength and Virility
The bull is a symbol of strength and virility, and the human counterpart isn't much different when it comes to animalistic traits. Whether male or female, a Taurus is robust and virile and when you combine these attributes with their earthy sex appeal and good looks, it's no wonder the opposite sex fall all over themselves to meet the best catch around.
Sensual, Indulgent, and Artistic
Today's Taurus individuals would have thrived during the height of the Roman Empire when the pleasures of the senses ruled. Ancient Romans understood how to evoke pleasure by stimulating the senses through taste, touch, sight, smell, and sound. Taurus carries on those epicurean traditions by collecting great works of art, indulging in fine cuisine, and creating homes fit for kings. Taurus is also artistic, and many are artists or patrons of the arts.
A Critical Eye
Along with their appreciation for art, Taurus has a very critical eye. Unfortunately, they don't always know when to refrain from voicing their opinions on how something should look. Taurus individuals believe everything should be beautifully done and aesthetically pleasing. It's just their nature to feel every aspect of life is an art form.
Taurus in Love
When you have Venus, the Roman Goddess of Love, as your ruling planet, you don't stand a chance of avoiding love. However, those with the Sun in Taurus are cautious in their pursuit of love and romance. Of course, you may run into an occasional Taurus who denies how important love is to them, but it's rare to find one that's cynical about love.
The Taurus approach to love and romance is serious and down to earth:
- Waiting: Few can play the "waiting game" longer or better than Taurus. Unfortunately, as many a Taurus has painfully learned, this doesn't always work out in their favor. They can hurry the waiting game along by taking baby steps like asking for a phone number or email address, just any little thing to show they're interested.
- Stubbornness: Once they do get the man or woman of their dreams they can sabotage the relationship with their legendary stubbornness. If Taurus can learn the art of compromising and asking questions, it will go a long way towards keeping their relationships happy!
- Jealousy: Jealousy can be a severe problem for Taurus. They evaluate everything by the principle "I have," including romantic partners. If you're interested in a Taurus, prepare in advance for possessiveness and remember your Taurus partner is only human and only being themselves. So, treat them with understanding, dignity and respect.
Responsibility to Self
Taurus individuals seldom suffer fools gladly. They have an almost regal quality about them when they dismiss someone as unamusing or ignorant. At first glance, you might think they're simply a big snob. However, once you get to know them, you'll soon understand their dismissive posture is based on their belief it's an individual's responsibility to cultivate oneself, and shame on anyone who hasn't taken the time to do that.
Notable Taurus Individuals
Famous and successful Taurus individuals include:
- Actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Born May 2, 1972
- Singer Adele, born May 5, 1988
- Founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg, born May 14, 1984
- Actor George Clooney, born May 6, 1961
- Singer Bono, born May 10, 1960
- Actor Emilio Estevez, born May 12, 1962
- Actor Robert Pattinson, born May 13, 1986
- Actress Kate Blanchett, born May 14, 1969
- Singer Janet Jackson, born May 16, 1966
- Comedian Tina Fey, born May 18, 1970
- Actor Jack Nicholson, born April 22, 1937
- Comedian Carol Burnett, born April 26, 1933
A Great Companion
As a fixed earth sign, Taurus lives in the here and now. These people consider abstract and esoteric ideology a waste of time and irrelevant to their world view. They want facts and a reality that's within their reach, not dreams or intangibles they can't grasp. It's just one of the many earthy characteristics of Taurus that make them such great friends and loyal companions.