The personalities of astrology signs are influenced by many things. Come find out what makes you tick!
Influences on the Personalities of Astrology Signs
The position of the heavens at the precise moment of your birth predetermines a great deal about the kind of person you'll be. While these influences aren't absolute, it's very difficult to fight them. Even as life's journey shapes you, your stars exert a distinct pull that colors the way you look at the world and the way it looks at you.
To truly understand all the aspects of your unique personality, you'll eventually want to have your birth chart drawn. For now, let's talk about the three major astrological influences in general.
Your Sun Sign
Your sun sign has the most dominant influence over your personality. This is the basic you. When you consult your daily horoscope, your forecast is listed by this sign. Astrologically speaking, you sun sign is determined by the position of the sun at the time of your birth.
For a complete run down of the basic personality traits of each of the 12 Zodiac signs, visit Zodiac Symbols.
Your Rising Sign
Your rising or "star" sign largely influences the way the world perceives you. Consider it the public or "outer you". Astrologically speaking, each sun sign of the zodiac takes a turn rising over the horizon line in every 24 hour period, and essentially occupies that spot for two hours. This means you could share the outward characteristics of any one of the 12 zodiac signs depending on your time of birth. This is in addition to the basic character of your sun sign.
When looking at your birth chart, you'll find your rising sign on the cusp of the first house. Add the characteristics of this sign to your basic sun sign personality traits and you'll begin to understand a little more about your personal behaviors.
Your Moon Sign
Moon signs don't receive nearly as much attention when it comes to horoscopes, however, they do contribute quite a bit to the personalities of astrology signs. Your moon, based on the moon's position at the moment of your birth, has a lot to say about the inner you and they way you feel about things. It colors your emotions and your powers of intuition. Let's take a look at some of the possible effects.
- Aries moon: Lends a bit of an impulsive nature
- Taurus moon: Adds an easy-going dimension to your character
- Gemini moon: Enjoy exceptionally fluid thinking
- Cancer moon: Exerts its strongest influence in this sign, lending greater sensitivity and a strong need for acceptance
- Leo moon: Adds a love of the limelight
- Virgo moon: Contributes a tendency toward peacemaking
- Libra moon: Lends charm and diplomacy
- Scorpio moon: Shades your personality with a bit of secrecy
- Sagittarius moon: Adds a great sense of humor, yet a lack of tact
- Capricorn moon: Contributes a tendency to over work
- Aquarius moon: Lends an ability to think outside of the box
- Pisces moon: Increases intuition
Let's look at a combination of sun, rising and moon signs to create theoretical personality profile.
Sun Sign Leo
Leo is the attention loving social butterfly of the zodiac. People of this sign typically love being the center of attention. Leos make good actors, broadcasters and public speakers.
Rising Sign Capricorn
Capricorn presents a bit of contrast to the typical Leo personality. Caps are well-grounded and have a natural tendency to remain a bit guarded and aloof. When paired with Leo, Capricorn tends to temper the Leo personality and make it a bit easier to deal with. You might still be outgoing, but you'll probably allow others to stand in the limelight more often.
Moon Sign Libra
When your moon is in Libra, you're likely to be a little more diplomatic than you might be. Overall, this will further refine the characteristic combination of your sun and rising signs and give you a better understanding of how your words and actions might affect others. You'll also be more inclined to use a little caution.
Although the three sign factors we've discussed have the most significant effect on your total character, there are other astrological aspects that further refine your personality.
- Ruling planets: In addition to your zodiac sign, you also have a ruling planet that lends additional traits to your personality.
- Elements: The four elements of earth, air, water and fire impart further refinements to your character.
- Yin and Yang: Each of the 12 zodiac signs has a basic yin (female) or yang (male) energy that also colors the way you look at the world.
- Qualities: Each sign has a certain quality.
- Cardinal: Independent
- Fixed: Reliable
- Mutable: Adaptable
Final ThoughtsAs you can surmise, there are thousands of possible sun, moon and rising sign combinations, leading to some very intricate personalities. It's no wonder that two people who share the same sun sign can have such different personalities. Isn't astrology fascinating?