By taking into account the life path numbers of two separate individuals, numerology compatibility aims to discern the longevity and success of a shared pairing. Find out just how compatible you are with another person.
For Numerology Compatibility, Calculate the Life Path Number of Each Person
To calculate the life path number for each person in a potential partnership, you'll need the date of birth expressed as mm/dd/yyyy.
Add Each Component of the Date of Birth for Each Person
For example, if Person A has a date of birth of January 1, 2000 and Person B has a birth date of March 13, 2001, you'd calculate each as follows:
- Person A = 1 (January); 1 (1st); 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 2 (year)
- Person B= 3 (March); 1+3=4 (13th); 2+0+0+1 = 3 (2001)
Add The Components for Each Person Together
Next, add all components of the birth date together for each person.
- Person A = 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
- Person B = 3 + 4 + 3 = 10
Reduce Each to a Single Digit
Now, reduce each of the components to a single digit unless it is a master number 11, 22, or 33.
- Person A = 4; no need to reduce
- Person B = 10=1+0=1
The Characteristics of Each Number
Now that the life path number has been established, you can look at the basic definitions and traits of each number in order to compare general compatibility.
Who Gets Along: Compatibility Numerology
To use the chart below, first calculate the names' life path number. From there, note that the chart contains some empty spaces (specifically, in the Neutral column). This means that these individuals have strong responses to people (they either love or hate), and have no neutrality.
|Number||Natural Fit||Compatible/Get Along Well||Neutral||Challenging or in Need of Compromise|
|1||1, 5, 7||3, 9||8||2, 4, 6|
|2||2, 4, 8||3, 6||9||1, 5, 7|
|3||3, 6, 9||1, 2, 5||*||4, 7, 8|
|4||2, 4, 8||6, 7||*||1, 3, 5, 9|
|5||1, 5, 7||3, 9||8||2, 4, 6|
|6||3, 6, 9||2, 4, 8||*||1, 5, 7|
|7||1, 5, 7||4||9||2, 3, 6, 8|
|8||2, 4, 8||6||1, 5||3, 7, 9|
|9||3, 6, 9||1, 5||2, 7||4, 8|
Examples of Numerology Compatibility
To clarify this chart a bit further, consider someone who is a life path 1 as an example. Ones are a natural fit with fellow ones, fives, and sevens. Why is this so?
- Ones are leaders who are independent and because of this, they are naturally compatible with adventurous-loving fives.
- They also enjoy the company of sevens because sevens tend to be bit eccentric, equally happy leading the crowd or doing their own thing alone.
- Numbers that present more of a challenge to the one are two, four and six.
Studying the characteristics of these numbers reveals why this is so.
- Twos like to be in partnerships.
- Fours are practical and serious.
- Six tends to be domestic.
- All of these "partnering" characteristics can ruffle the feathers of the solo-flying one. Thus, compromise, when it comes to these specific numbers, becomes necessary.
In the example used above, 1 and 4 would be unlikely to be compatible based on their numerology, so they may need to work towards compromise in order to make a relationship work.
Numerology Can Offer Guidelines for Compatibility
The bottom line with numerology compatibility is that no partnership is doomed. Instead, knowing the characteristics of each life path number allows the individual to know which partnerships may go smoothly and which may require a bit more work. From there, a person is able to turn a more knowledgeable eye on key partnerships and bring a wider view to relationships in general.