Knowing which moon signs are compatible can help you determine how well you might get along with someone when it comes to emotional interactions. Keep in mind, there's more to this type of compatibility than meets the eye; you'll need to consider how the moon sign relates to the sun sign and other factors.
Moon Sign Meanings and Compatibility Simplified
The moon sign compatibility tells how two people will get along on an emotional level. In this sense, the compatibility is very similar to the sun signs' compatibility. In other words, water signs tend to do well with other water signs, etc. Here's a handy chart that helps to further explain.
|Sign||Gets Along With||Best Compatibility|
|Aries||Gemini, Aquarius, Libra||Leo, Sagittarius|
|Taurus||Scorpio, Taurus, Pisces||Capricorn, Virgo, Cancer|
|Gemini||Aries, Aquarius, Sagittarius||Libra, Leo|
|Cancer||Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus||Scorpio, Pisces|
|Leo||Aries, Aquarius||Libra, Sagittarius, Gemini|
|Virgo||Scorpio, Pisces||Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer|
|Libra||Leo, Aries, Sagittarius||Gemini, Aquarius|
|Scorpio||Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn||Cancer, Pisces|
|Sagittarius||Aries, Gemini, Libra||Leo, Aries|
|Capricorn||Cancer, Pisces||Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo|
|Aquarius||Aquarius, Leo||Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius, Aries|
|Pisces||Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer||Scorpio, Cancer, Capricorn, Taurus|
Polar Opposite Moon Signs Can Be Compatible
Now, if you look at this chart and your moon sign is not in a compatible position to a loved one's, don't fret. It is possible for seemingly polar opposite signs to be compatible. This is where the aspects of the moon in person A's chart to the planets in person B's chart become very important. You can find these aspects by visiting 0800-Horoscope. Once you've plugged in the appropriate date, look to see if your moon makes any of the following aspects to a loved one's planets.
The Moon in Relation to The Sun
The moon and the Sun are natural companions in astrology, so it's a very good sign if you see this connection in a chart.
- Conjunction: A conjunction usually means there is a powerful attraction, but it may first be felt by the "moon" person.
- Trine and Sextile: There is a natural and fluent exchange of energy, but there may also be a feeling of complacency.
- Square: Squares are challenging and this one is no different. The feeling of attraction is also present with this aspect, but in time the moon person may come to find that the sun person is overbearing in some way. In turn, the sun person may find that the moon person is overly dependent on them.
- Opposition: Here the opposition is less troubling than the square, but only because there is the promise that some kind of balance will be struck. This can be quite a "bonding" aspect. That is, even if there are problems, the desire to stay together can be quite strong.
Moon-Moon Aspects for Compatibility
If there is an easy aspect between the moons (a trine, conjunction or sextile), the two of you will feel quite cozy together! Creating a secure home environment will be very important, and this should be quite easy since you'll share similar tastes and styles. However, note that family is very important, and that both of you will seek to play an important role in the family.
A challenging aspect will make it more difficult to feel in sync. In other words, when one is up the other may feel down, and timing may be a bit of a problem. If you can learn to ignore some of your partner's idiosyncrasies, this aspect can work.
An easy aspect (trine or sextile) means that charm will have a way of diffusing tension when there's conflict, but truth be told, there may not be all that much conflict; neither one of you likes to fight! There is a genuine affection with this aspect and a natural sweetness between the two of you.
With the challenging aspects of a square or an opposition, there is the risk that you may take each other for granted, living beyond your means and a general need to keep up appearances. Your values as a couple may also come into conflict with your individual needs.
- Conjunction: There is a strong sense of attraction that is at once physical and emotional. However, the moon person may feel that the Mars person is insensitive, and this can generate feelings of anger or conflict over time.
- Square or Opposition: This aspect indicates an emotional-roller coaster! The moon person feels that the Mars person is pushy or too demanding, and the Mars person feels that the moon is too needy. This aspect is very ''instinctual; all logic and reason goes right out the window when the two of you get together!
- Trine of Sextile: This is the couple that loves to fight! However, there is plenty of mutual fascination. The conversations the two of you have are lively ones that both of you enjoy.
Some Closing Thoughts
This is just a sampling of what moon sign compatibility looks like. Just keep in mind that the tighter the aspect (mathematically speaking) the more intense the interaction will be. Also, when it comes to a long lasting relationship, other aspects in the chart should be considered as well.