Marriage between Taurus and Gemini is possible if you respect each other's boundaries, accept one another's perceived flaws and work cooperatively towards solutions.
Marriage Taurus and Gemini: The Shortcomings
At first blush, marriage, Taurus and Gemini may seem like a stretch. Whether you follow astrology closely or just read your horoscope to pass the time, on the surface, you know that the two of you are very different. So, in the interest of full disclosure, let's take a look at some possible shortcomings for this pairing.
Chances are you probably know this by heart: Gemini's are chatty while Taureans are taciturn. While this may be true, what does that really mean? First, beware of blanket statements in astrology. Astrology is very complex, and with all of the variables in one's birth chart, it is likely that marriage between Taurus and Gemini, can occur.
That said, blanket statements like the one above serve to put each of you on notice. What these statements are really trying to convey is a difference in thinking. Geminis tend to think things through while they talk. This is why they often change their minds, or make a faux pas; they are thinking things out as they go along.
Taureans, on the other hand, prefer to do their thinking in silence, and because they do an awful lot of thinking, they tend to be silent much of the time! This doesn't necessarily have to be a deal breaker; it just means that both of you need to exercise a lot of patience!
The social difference between Taurus and Gemini is also telling. Taurus tends to be a stay-at-home, Gemini likes to go out and socialize. Taurus runs the risk of running ragged, and Gemini runs the risk of feeling bored to tears!
The Practical Aspects
As is underscored by their different speech patterns, Taurus and Gemini think very differently. This, in turn, can have real world consequences for the two of you. Whether it has to do with something as time consuming as taking care of the finances or something as seemingly benign as cooking dinner, Taurus and Gemini both have different approaches!
In marriage, as we all know, little quirks that at one time seemed adorable (isn't it cute the way he clucks his tongue, I love that she's so scatterbrained, etc.) can quickly become annoying. From this perspective, it's easy to see how a different approach to practical day-to-day activities can become a stumbling block.
Okay, enough of the doom and gloom. Here are reasons why this pairing can work!
- Love of art and culture: Both Taurus and Gemini have a love for art and culture. Venus rules Taurus, and as she is often apt to do, she bestows a love of beauty and art. Mercurial Gemini also loves to discuss beauty in all its many aspects, as well as anything having to do with foreign lands. This is largely because Sagittarius is Gemini's opposite sign, and in astrology, the opposite sign can have a lot of influence over the sign in question. This will keep Gemini interested.
- A sense of fair play: Here once again, Venus works her magic. Venus rules justice, so we'll usually find a certain concentration of that element in Taurus. Unlike in Libra, where the scales are perfectly balanced, in Taurus, justice is really more about "reckoning." There is an attraction here for Gemini, however, as Gemini tends to "distribute."
- Higher Learning: Granted, Taureans may remain silent about all they've learned, but at least they'll know that Geminis will appreciate the knowledge they do share. Geminis are often fascinated by people who know plenty of facts and tidbits of information. They truly find this quality remarkable.
Can It Work?
Marriage between Taurus and Gemini can work. Here's a little insight into romantic astrology: Usually, signs that are born right next to each other, for example Sagittarius and Capricorn, share a lot of similar elements. This works in two ways.
- First, in astrology, the sign that comes right before or after another sign usually "makes up" for what the previous sign "lacks." So, with Taurus and Gemini, you'll find that Gemini "makes up for" Taurus' lack of sociability and talkativeness.
Similarly, Taurus makes up for, or lends, stability, logic and the notion of consequences to Gemini. This is true for all the signs. If we continue then, we'll see that with the first example of Sagittarius and Capricorn, Capricorn is able to bring structure and solidity to many of Sagittarius' more expansive qualities (ideas, humor, etc).
- Second, because of the cyclical structure of astrology, signs that are housed next to one another can share similar characteristics. For example, let's say at the time of Taurus and Gemini's birth that Venus was housed in Aries. This is fantastic for a romantic partnership because both of them would then share a similar outlook on love.
In short, this marriage can work. Don't listen to the nay sayers; listen instead to your hearts. That will help guide you much more successfully through the ups and downs of romance!