Passionate, confident, and mysterious, a male Scorpio is one smooth guy. He's a man of extremes who loves and hates hard and doesn't believe in doing anything halfway. A male Scorpio has high regard for himself and believes in living life on his own terms.
Scorpio Male Personality Characteristics
Scorpio is the fixed water sign of the zodiac that's ruled by Pluto, the mythological lord of the underworld. Scorpio's water is like a deep, dark, and mysterious swamp that's calm and quiet on the surface but is teeming with life hidden in its depth.
The more common male Scorpio characteristics include:
- Quiet and secretive
- Deeply emotional
- Intuitive and psychic
- Possessive and controlling
- Suspicious and investigative
- Unable to forgive
- Passionate and intense
- Confident and competitive
- Highly sexual
- Poetic and brooding
Scorpio Men and Relationships
Male Scorpios are private and cautious guys who don't jump quickly into relationships. They need a deep, emotional, and magnetic connection to fall in love. Once they've found this connection, they tend to be loyal, faithful, protective, and possessive of the one they love. Before you give your heart and soul to a Scorpio man or make promises you can't keep, make sure you're serious about him. Love is intense and serious business to Scorpio. If you're just out for fun and games, pass over this one because this is a man who will test you, and his wrath will be just as passionate as his lovemaking.
Beware of Scorpio's Sting
The scorpion is the symbol for Scorpio, and that wicked stinger tail is no myth. Scorpio can lash out and slice you in two with his bitter tirades. You'll quickly understand what a tongue lashing is all about if you give him reason to test it out on you. The scorpion sting is no fable. A Scorpio male can be vengeful if he's betrayed by his lover or discovers their feelings for him weren't real. Even though he's a water sign, it can quickly become boiling water.
The Agonies and Ecstasies of Love
One thing about a Scorpio man when it comes to love, he isn't in it for the pure fun of it. To the Scorpio male, love is as serious as it gets. Scorpio won't ever pretend he does if he doesn't feel love for you. Genuine feelings are the height of passion and integrity for Scorpio. He will drown himself in the throes of a passionate love affair and enjoy every second of both agonies and ecstasies of love.
Intrigue and Mystery
Scorpio is enchanted by mystery and seduced by intrigue. If you can create these around you, you will quickly become the object of his passion. He won't rest until he's discovered your mystery and claimed it for his own. If you aren't prepared to face this type of intense relationship, don't accept that first date. Remember, love is the most serious thing in Scorpio's life, and it should be the same with you.
Scorpio's Pitfall Is Overindulgence
A Scorpio male has a tendency to wallow in his pain and overindulge in most of life's joys. A Scorpio man who has learned to control his extreme passions has a less melodramatic and more satisfying life.
A Translation of Character
Scorpio is hardly a negative sign. In fact, many of Scorpio's popular negatives easily translate into positive traits. Consider the following:
- He's jealous because he loves wholeheartedly.
- He's intense because he fixates on his true love.
- He's competitive because he strives for excellence.
- He's brooding because he is deeply aware.
- He's unforgiving because he's cautious.
Famous Scorpio Men
True to their Scorpio sun, these famous men are engulfed by a mystical aura and possess tremendous magnetic energy and powerful imaginations.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the renowned American actor and producer, was born on November 11, 1974.
- Sean Combs, American record producer and rapper, was born on November 4, 1969.
- Matthew McConaughey, Academy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor, was also born on November 4, 1969.
- Gordon Ramsay, British celebrity chef and restaurateur, was born on November 8, 1966.
- RuPaul Charles, Drag Queen, actor, producer, model, singer, songwriter, and author, was born on November 17, 1960.
- Keith Urban, Grammy Award-winning country music singer and guitarist, was born on October 26, 1967.
- Colin Rand Kaepernick, former quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, was born on November 3, 1987.
- Mark Ruffalo, an American actor, director, and environmental activist, was born on November 22, 1967.
- Charles Manson, the dark, charismatic leader of the Manson Family cult, was born on November 12, 1934
Gifts for a Scorpio Man
Show your affection for a Scorpio man with a gift that involves some careful thought. To find a gift that sparks his interest, focus on some of his innate Scorpio qualities. Keep in mind that he's a highly passionate and competitive cloak and dagger man who's a great lover of secrets and mysteries, and you're sure to find a gift that will intrigue him. Some possibilities to consider include:
- Scorpio men are known for their love of the dark and mysterious, so a collection of Steven King novels will intrigue him.
- Scorpio men are also intensely competitive and enjoy games. Great choices could be traditional strategy game like chess with a unique gameboard and pieces or party games so he can indulge his competitive spirit with a group of friends.
- You can tweak a Scorpio man's passionate side with a gift designed to spark a passionate romantic interlude. Who knows where a gift card for a couple's massage at a high-end spa could lead?
Reading Your Scorpio Man
Male Scorpios do not jump quickly into relationships. However, once they've selected a cherished partner, they tend to be fearsomely faithful. In fact, Scorpio is loyal even in the wake of opposing advice and evidence. You'll most likely have to admit to wronging him before he'll believe it. This kind of trust should never be abused. Once a Scorpio man is betrayed, he won't be foolish enough to trust you again. So, if you're in love with a Scorpio man, be honest, faithful, and treat his heart with care, and in return, he'll love and idolize you forever.