There is nothing quite as risky or as rewarding in life as an intimate relationship. Everybody wants to love and be loved, whether they are looking for a dating parter, someone to start a family with or simply a close companion. Finding someone who matches you well is the tricky part! That is where astrology comes in.
Sun Sign Compatibility
To get a quick overview of your compatibility with another sun sign, use the calculator to select your sign from the "Adult 1" menu and your partner's sign from the "Adult 2" menu. Click "Get Compatibility" for your results.
Some combinations of Sun signs are more harmonious than others; certain combinations of elements will support and stimulate one another while others present challenges. There is a reason Sun sign horoscopes are so popular; even though they do not tell the whole story, you can still get a sense of the basic differences and alignments. For example, if you are a Pisces and your sweetie is a Capricorn, you will have very different assumptions about life. You are comfortably adrift in a misty dream world, while your partner works hard to master practicalities. These differences can make your relationship much more interesting.
Bad Combinations Can Be Good
Unless there are other compatible areas in the natal chart, some Sun signs will have a difficult time together. For example, an Aquarius and a Cancer are normally a terrible combination. But if the Aquarian has a Cancer Moon or Rising sign (also known as the Ascendant), or if the Cancer has an Aquarius Moon or Ascendant, this can be a very compatible relationship.
The Whole Picture
The natal chart shows a complex interweaving of planets, signs and houses; people are complicated and no two are exactly the same. Don't judge your relationship solely by Sun signs or you might miss out on something special. To get the whole picture, it is best to consult a professional astrologer and have them examine your synastry and composite charts.
The Sun sign is very important in astrology, but it is not the only factor to consider when looking for a relationship that can work and meet your needs.
- Venus and Mars are crucial in understanding how you approach love and sex. What attracts you, how do you attract others? What drives you, what is your deal breaker?
- The Moon covers questions like what are your emotional needs? What makes you feel good?
- Mercury influences how well you communicate. Can you hear and understand one another?
All these factors and more need to be taken into account in assessing compatibility.
Earth Matters Too
The Earth is always found exactly opposite the Sun. The Earth in the chart shows your personal relationship with the planet, your body, sensations, location, environment, and resources. It represents a power you can draw on to balance your Sun sign's particular limitations.
Say you have the Sun in Aries, and you meet someone who has the Sun in Libra. You seem to be opposites, with little in common. Aries people are self-centred types, while Librans care about others' needs above their own. But your Earth is in Libra, and their Earth is in Aries, so you complement one another beautifully. Just by being close, you can help one another to get in touch with your balancing Earth qualities.
More on Astrological Love Compatibility
Dig a little deeper to learn more about how you and your partner will fare in your relationship according to astrology:
- Compatibility For Aries and Aries - Aries in love with Aries can be a great match.
- Taurus Man and Aries Woman - This match may take some work.
- Gemini and Aries Compatibility - Generally smooth sailing between Gemini and Aries.
- Aries Cancer Lovers - This can be a stormy connection.
- Are Aries and Libra Compatible? - There are many differences here.
- Taurus and Gemini in Love - These two must work hard for a good relationship.
- Are There Good Leo and Taurus Relationships? - Two proud signs can find harmony together.
- Taurus and Scorpio Relationship in Detail - There is potential for conflict here.
- Compatibility For Capricorn and Taurus - A good match overall.
- Taurus Woman With a Capricorn Man - A Taurus woman and a Capricorn man do very well together.
- What Signs Are Compatible With Gemini - The most compatible combinations for Gemini.
- Compatibility For Gemini and Libra - Two air signs can meet each other's needs very well.
- Capricorn and Gemini as a Love Match - This is not an easy relationship.
- Gemini and Sagittarius - Potentially great, but not without work.
- Scorpio and Gemini - A complicated pairing but not impossible.
- Gemini Women and Pisces Men - A long term relationship is challenging.
- Making Leo and Cancer Love Work - Not the best match but with compromise, it can work.
- Cancer Man Leo Woman Love - A Cancer man can devote himself to a Leo woman.
- Cancer Woman and Scorpio Man - These two mysterious signs can be soulmates.
- Leo and Aquarius Love Match - A powerful and potentially magical pairing.
- Leo Sagittarius Love - These passionate people are a good long term match.
- Leo Woman and a Capricorn Man - This difficult match is possible with work.
- Leo Man Pisces Woman - Not the best bet for a relationship.
- Libra's Romantic Horoscope Sign Compatibility - Find Libra's compatible signs.
- Libra Men and Capricorn Women - This relationship is worth trying.
- Compatibility For Capricorn and Libra - Not an obvious match, but it can work.
- Are Pisces Women and Libra Men Compatible? - Air and water have serious differences.
- Scorpio Woman Sagittarius Man Love Match - This can be a transformational relationship.
- Scorpio Man and Capricorn Woman in Love - These two have a certain chemistry.
- Capricorn and Scorpio Compatibility - A power couple with different ways of expressing emotions.
- Aquarius Man and Sagittarius Woman - An exciting and unpredictable match.
- Sagittarius and Pisces Love Match - This match can work despite differences.
- Aquarius Women and Capricorn Men - These two need to appreciate one another to make it work.
- Pisces Man and a Capricorn Woman - This match seems to be made in heaven.
Making It Work
Humans are complicated and no two are the same. Every relationship has its challenges, but some connections are easier than others. Understanding the natal chart, especially the Sun and Earth signs' compatibility, can help two people empathize with one another's differences and strengthen what they share in common.