If you're wondering whether you and that special someone might get along in a very real way, it helps to take a look at a list of compatible zodiac signs. Whether you're looking for an intimate partnership or any other type of relationship, true astrological compatibility involves analyzing the entire natal chart of both parties.
Ideal Matches According to the Zodiac
Ideal zodiac matches will either occur within an individual's own element or with a complementary element. However, the quadruplicities also make an impact on such effects. Mutable elements such as Pisces will have an easier time dealing with the cardinal nature of a Capricorn than the more aggressive fire sign, Aries. When using your horoscope while dating, compatible signs can help you predict relationship success.
|Zodiac Sign||Element||Quadruplicity||Compatible Signs|
|Aries||Fire||Cardinal||Gemini, Sagittarius, Leo, Aquarius|
|Taurus||Earth||Fixed||Capricorn, Pisces, Virgo, Cancer|
|Gemini||Air||Mutable||Aquarius, Libra, Aries, Leo|
|Cancer||Water||Cardinal||Pisces, Taurus, Scorpio, Virgo|
|Leo||Fire||Fixed||Sagittarius, Aries, Gemini, Libra|
|Virgo||Earth||Mutable||Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer,|
|Libra||Air||Cardinal||Gemini, Aquarius, Leo, Sagittarius|
|Scorpio||Water||Fixed||Pisces, Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo|
|Sagittarius||Fire||Mutable||Leo, Aries, Libra, Aquarius|
|Capricorn||Earth||Cardinal||Taurus, Virgo, Pisces, Scorpio|
|Aquarius||Air||Fixed||Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius, Aries|
|Pisces||Water||Mutable||Cancer, Scorpio, Taurus, Capricorn|
The nuances between the quadruplicies, triplicities and their placements within a natal chart individualize the degree of compatibility between two persons. Make no mistake, the placement of these factors can largely impact the interaction and harmony within a relationship. Indeed, Aries and Gemini can form a quality pair, but if this partnership is found only within the sun signs of two individuals, compatibility cannot be defined by these two signs. Mars, the moon, Venus, and Mercury within such natal charts must also exhibit the same degree of compatibility to build a solid and lasting relationship.
The Behavior of Astrology Elements in Horoscope Compatibility
The way the four elements behave in the natural world is very telling of the zodiac. The laws of physics and chemistry define the actions of fire, water, earth and air in the world. Likewise, the signs of the zodiac are believed to behave in a similar manner, which is why some signs are far more compatible than others. Moreover, some combinations within the zodiac can be stifling or just downright volatile.
Principles to Consider in Zodiac Sign Element Compatibility
- Water extinguishes fire.
- Air fuels fire.
- Fire burns up earth.
- Water molds earth, but also conforms to it.
- Water and air creates tsunamis and hurricanes.
- Air upsets earth in the tornados and dust storms.
For these very reasons, zodiac compatibility tends to follow such rules as:
- Fire and air are compatible.
- Air and water may irritate one another.
- Air and earth may also irritate one another.
- Earth and water encourage and shape each other.
- Fire and water work against each other's cause.
Zodiac Signs and Similarities
The degree of compatibility between two zodiac signs is determined by three substantial factors:
Zodiac triplicities use specific elements to classify the twelve zodiac signs. There are three zodiac signs within each triplicity.
- Earth: Includes Capricorn, Virgo and Taurus
- Air: Air signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius
- Fire: The fire signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius
- Water: Water signs include Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces
The quadruplicities host three categories marked as follows.
- Cardinal: This category includes Aries, Libra, Cancer, and Capricorn.
- Mutable: The mutable signs are Gemini, Sagittarius, Virgo, and Pisces.
- Fixed: Fixed signs include Taurus, Aquarius, Scorpio, and Leo.
- Each of these three categories hosts four zodiac signs, one zodiac sign from each of the four triplicities.
Dividing the Zodiac
These divisions within the zodiac are said to account for the numerous and specific energies that flow from each of the twelve zodiac signs. Such classifications make it easier for an astrologer to note just why some zodiac signs exhibit more similarities than others. For example:
- You can expect the three zodiac signs within each element to have something in common.
- You can also expect the four zodiac signs within each quadruplicity to have something in common.
- You can note the behavior of the four elements in the natural world and draw conclusions.
When planets, astrological houses, and aspects all come into play, it's not difficult to see why many astrologers learn their art thoroughly before entering the professional field. Astrological compatibility is a highly detailed study, and it is best to bring your natal charts to a professional for examination to achieve the most accurate results.