When it comes to the issue of compatibility for Gemini and Taurus in a romantic relationship or friendship, each sun sign has many better matches. The Taurus Gemini pairing tends to spark conflicts in love, sex, friendship, and business that can make lasting relationships difficult.
General Compatibility for Gemini and Taurus
Of course, any relationship can be made to work, but this is one of the most difficult astrological pairings. A Gemini and Taurus relationship can work out, however, this is not a going to be a carefree match where everything will just fall into place, as a matter of fact, it's more likely to be anything but easy because the one thing these two do have in common is a vile, unpredictable temper.
Gemini Is Mutable Air
Gemini is the Mutable Air sign of the zodiac. At their core, a Gemini is intelligent, carefree, curious, capricious, and talkative. They are risk-takers, who are often frivolous, and always on the go.
Taurus Is Fixed Earth
Taurus in the Fixed Earth sign of the zodiac. At their core, a Taurus is practical, slow, steady, security conscious, careful, stubborn and won't be pushed. A Taurus can be content sitting in silence for hours.
Gemini and Taurus in Love
A Gemini individual and Taurus individual will be alluring to one another in the beginning. However, it won't be long before they discover that they have different relationship needs and each lives life at a different pace.
- Gemini requires unfettered freedom in a relationship.
- A Taurus requires an unwavering commitment in a relationship.
The pace of life:
- Gemini lives life in the fast lane which can be too hyper-stimulating for Taurus.
- Taurus' quiet and laid-back lifestyle can bore a Gemini and make them feel tied down.
Taurus is the embodiment of living life at its leisurely best, and they prefer classic, elegant, and intimate dinner dates. While Gemini is the embodiment of the "fast" life and loves nothing more than a night out on the town partying, drinking, dancing, and having fun with both friends and strangers.
When it comes to sex, a Taurus is slow, sensual, and has a great need for physical intimacy and closeness. Sex for a Taurus involves everything that's romantic. While a Gemini needs intellectual stimulation. Sex for a Gemini is more about innovation and play than intimacy and romance.
Different Levels of Commitment
Variety is the spice of life for a Gemini; they commit for as long as it suits them. Taurus doesn't like change; their goal is a lifetime commitment. Trust can be a real issue for these two when it comes to a long-term relationship. Taurus needs to trust a person before they commit, and in most cases, Gemini is not all that trustworthy especially if someone tries to tie or pin them down.
Compromise Will Be Necessary
Love is a mystery that astrology can't solve. The heart wants what the heart wants, but for a Gemini/Taurus relationship to be more than a short infatuation or one-night stand, a great deal of understanding and compromise on the part of both will be necessary.
- Taurus will need to understand the core nature of the Gemini and what they need in a relationship. Taurus must also come to appreciate the variety and excitement Gemini brings into their life.
- Gemini will need to understand the core nature of Taurus and their relationship needs. Gemini must also come to appreciate the stability and romance Taurus brings into their life.
Gemini and Taurus as Business Partners
Gemini and Taurus are also very different when it comes to business. However, this can be an asset if the two can appreciate the other's strength, learn to work together and capitalize on their differences. What one lacks, the other makes up for.
- A Gemini is a master at networking. They have great people skills that make them great in sales, advertising, and marketing. However, Gemini is a risk taker and not particularly careful with finances.
- A Taurus is a master money manager. They are great comptrollers, who are thoughtful, conservative, stable and excel at assessing and managing risk. But Taurus is a bit lacking in the people skills department.
So, if the Gemini partner promotes the business and Taurus partner handles the money and is the final decision maker, and neither steps on the other's toes, they can flourish as business partners.
Gemini and Taurus Friendship
Friendship is probably the best type of relationship for a Gemini and a Taurus. There won't be the stresses of flirting, jealousy, money, business decisions, or other issues to deal with that can break down a romantic relationship or business partnership. It's the least committed arrangement for the two, so it's easier to take a break, walk away until tempers cool down and pick up where they left off later. Additionally, working through a friendship's ups and downs may give Gemini and Taurus the perfect basis for a long-term romantic relationship.
Don't Blame the Sun
If Gemini and Taurus get along or they don't, you can't hold the Sun entirely responsible. Professional astrologers look at the rising signs, the Moon signs, the signs of Venus, the signs of Mars, as well as the rest of the planets. In addition, there are always exceptions. So, if you're a Gemini who's interested in a Taurus or vice versa, by all means, go for it.