The compatibility for Capricorn and Libra doesn't scream "match made in heaven," but it isn't one that absolutely never works out, either. These two sun signs can make a relationship work, but it's likely to be a tug o' war affair and they might just decide it's more trouble than it's worth and opt to seek out partners from other signs.
Examining Love Compatibility for Capricorn and Libra
Capricorn will be drawn to a charismatic Libra. Libra will be intrigued by a Capricorn's quiet strength. Yes, there's a mutual attraction, but they are one of astrology's "odd couples." Which means they can click, but they also have clashing agendas that can either tear them apart or push them both to grow as individuals.
Advantages to Libra and Capricorn Couples
The key advantages of the pairing of Capricorn and Libra are that they're both marriage minded and when they get involved in a romantic affair, they will work hard to overcome their problems and make the relationship the best and most beautiful it can be. It's also highly unlikely for either of them to be unfaithful.
They Look Great Together
More superficially, they look great together. As a couple, Capricorn adds quiet dignity and elegance, while Libra adds the charming flourishes. Socially they are a put together couple that can make a powerful impression on others. However, less superficially, there's likely to be friction.
Possible Disadvantages of a Libra and Capricorn Pairing
Capricorns are introverts who are cautious, reserved, and private. Libras are extraverts who are open, expressive, diplomatic, and charming people pleasers, who need constant feedback from others.
Communication, key in any relationship, is where Capricorn and Libra are the most challenged and this disconnect can create problems in every era of their relationship.
- Capricorns may not say much but when they do it's with authority; they say what they mean, mean what they say, and follow through.
- Libras are smooth talkers who are often indecisive, unreliable, and naïve; they often say things and never follow through.
Declarations of Love
Capricorns aren't verbally expressive with their feelings; they declare their love through actions. Whereas Libra is free with verbal declarations of love.
Capricorn and Libra see their lives from different angles.
- Capricorn is down to earth, practical, responsible, ambitious, concerned with finances and leads a conservative style of life.
- Libra is a spendthrift who has an "easy come, easy go" attitude about money, seldom considers practicality and leads an extravagant lifestyle.
- Libra is more social than Capricorn, who prefers to spend their free time quietly at home.
- A Capricorn's serious, down to business attitude can be a killjoy to Libra, who's much lighter, carefree and fun.
Different Styles of Making Love
Libras are sugar, spice, and everything nice in bed, while Capricorns are horny and naughty. Sexually, Libras are easygoing, romantic, and cerebral, while Capricorns have strong libidos and physicality. If these two can work out their different styles of lovemaking, they have a good chance of working out differences in other aspects of their relationship.
How Can Libra and Capricorn Get Along?
When it comes to getting along with each other, both will need to learn focus on the other's needs, especially when it comes to:
- Capricorn's need to plan for the future versus Libra's penchant for living in the moment.
- Capricorn's show their love through their actions versus Libra's need to hear words of love.
- Libra's need for an active social life versus Capricorn's need for a quiet private life.
- Libra's easy-going lifestyle versus Capricorn's responsible and prudent lifestyle.
Can This Pairing Work?
Libra can be a little too high maintenance for Capricorn. Capricorn can be a bit too prudent for a Libra. These two are not an obvious match because they have clashing agendas. But they can build a long-lasting relationship if they can learn to communicate, really understand one another, have patience, and are willing to maneuver and compromise.
Although the astrological signs of Capricorn and Libra have a challenging relationship, astrological signs are not people. Individuals are more than their Sun signs, and there will be additional influences from other chart factors that can mitigant or magnify what appears to be a challenging match. So, if you've met an individual and are serious about the relationship's potential, you might want to find an astrologer who's proficient in the detailed process of comparing two individual's charts, Astrological Synastry.