Characteristics of star signs are influenced by the elements and qualities associated with each zodiac sign.
Defining the Characteristics of Star Signs
There are 12 signs in the zodiac, and each is represented by a person, animal or object. You can begin to understand your lover's personality and traits by examining his or her zodiac symbol.
Aries: March 21 - April 19
Aries is represented by the ram and is a fire sign. According mythology, Aries was the ram whose golden fleece was sought by Jason and the Argonauts.
- Strong-willed and exacting in work
- High expectations of self and situations
- Ambitious risk-taker
- Passionate and often impatient
- Devoted and loyal to friends and family
- Caring lovers with intense sexual appetites
- Athletic, adventurous and bold
Taurus: April 20 -May 20
Taurus is represented by the bull and is an earth sign.
- Strong with great stamina for physical and mental tasks
- Can be stubborn and unwilling to give ground
- Loves finer things in life. Materialistic.
- Appreciates beauty
- Feelings buried deep
- May appear selfish at times, but are generous with possessions and money
Gemini: May 21 - June 20
Gemini is represented by twins and is an air sign.
- Versatile, adaptable and easily bored
- Quick-silver mind and wit
- Loves to chat and share knowledge
- Communicator of the zodiac
- Sociable and enjoys variety as well as change
- Relies on mental analysis more than gut feelings
Cancer: June 21 - July 22
Cancer is represented by the crab and is a water sign. It's easy to see that most Cancerians have a deep love for home.
- Family and friends are at the top of the list of most valuable possessions followed by home
- Deep appreciation for family history and exploring family trees
- Emotions are difficult to hide since Cancer lives by his gut feelings and instinct
- Craves a stable home life in order to feel secure, safe and comfortable
Leo: July 23 - August 22
This sign is represented by the lion and is a fire sign. Leo is bold, courageous and daring.
- Likes to be in the spotlight
- Drama is one of his best tools for getting what he wants
- Great judgment and makes a good actor
- Very generous and loving
- Good strong leaders
- Usually athletic
- Knows self-worth and exerts will
Virgo: August 23 - September 22
Represented by the virgin and is an earth sign. This sign has high expectations of himself and especially others in his quest for perfection on earth.
- Skilled and successful in career
- Keeps emotions reined
- Analytical and focused on task at hand
- Tend to be overly-critical in desire to find perfection
- Steady workers and attentive to details
Libra: September 23 - October 22
Libra is blind justice holding a set of scales. For Libra life is about learning to balance the demands from the outside with the desires and needs on the inside. Libra spends a lot of time wrestling to create harmony and balance between each aspect of himself. An air sign, Libra is more mental than physical.
- Justice and equality are mainstays
- Surrounds himself with beauty and art
- Music feeds his soul
- Sensuality is not confined to the bedroom
- Good social skills
- Voices opinions only when provoked or passionate about a cause
Scorpio: October 23 - November 21
This sign is represented by a scorpion and usually misunderstood because his words and actions can have the same kind of stinging effect. This water sign feels things very deeply.
- Enjoys big and bold lifestyle
- Entrepreneur with the ability to overcome massive obstacles
- Assesses situations before jumping in
- Enjoys a lively heated debate
- Make passionate often possessive lovers
Sagittarius: November 22 - December 21
This sign is represented by the mythological creature, the Centaur, half-man, half-horse. It's no wonder that the Sagittarian has a soft spot for animals. As a fire sign, he has deep passion that only needs to be stoked to flame.
- Philosopher and gatherer of information
- Bright sharp intellect and enjoys mental challenges
- High energy that keeps him constantly moving
- Like a cat with nine lives, Sagittarius is constantly reinventing himself
- Must be allowed to roam free and will always return home
- Exciting, appreciative lover who enjoys pleasing his mate
Capricorn: December 22 - January 19
Capricorn is represented by a goat and is another earth sign that needs a happy home in order to feel complete.
- Practical problem-solver and excellent organizer
- Plans life and each stage to create a blueprint he can follow
- Closed-mouth when it comes to sharing, so you'll need to prod him to open up
- Makes a great companion and life-long friend
Aquarius: January 20 - February 18
Aquarius is represented by the water bearer, but is an air sign. This often confuses people until you get to know him and you quickly see the element of air in all he does.
- Unorthodox, unconventional, often embraces a Bohemian lifestyle
- Eclectic collection of friends
- Humanitarian and will take up just causes
- Very sociable, intelligent and quick to make friends
- Enjoy art and a leisurely lifestyle
Pisces: February 19 - March 20
Pisces is symbolized by a fish. A water sign, Pisces has insight and knowledge that makes you realize he's an old soul.
- Unassuming and deeply emotional
- Selfless to a fault
- Unlike Leo, Pisces is content to remain in the shadows
- Illusion of naivety
- Devoted lover and friend
Discovering More About Star Signs
You can learn more about the characteristics of star signs when you explore the correlating elements of air, fire, water and earth.