Sagittarians are known for their optimism and love of freedom, but they are not just happy-go-lucky party animals. Archetypically, they are the explorers, the priests, the teachers, the philosophers, the intellectuals, the storytellers, and the clowns.
Sagittarius is the masculine, Universal, Mutable Fire sign of the Zodiac, its symbols are the Archer and the Centaur and its ruling planet is benefic Jupiter. At their most basic, Sagittarians are students of life and their central purpose and joy in living is in exploring and expanding their awareness of the human experience and to have a good time doing it. Sagittarians all have a thirst for knowledge that keeps them moving and learning. Their most basic trait is their passion for life. They are optimistic, possess a positive vibe, and are generally funny, cheerful, open-minded, and seemingly carefree individuals.
- Exuberant and Energetic
- Generous and friendly
- Idealistic and ambitious
- Farsighted and intuitive
- Open to new ideas
- Sense of morality
- Hasty temper
Perhaps the most defining traits of a Sagittarius man is that he's never at a loss for or minces words. He's a versatile guy who loves freedom and liberty but is also a social animal who's well-liked and seldom alone. Sagittarius men love gambling, sports, speculation, and playing the field. All these things give them a sense of adventure and excite their physical, emotional and intellectual self.
Like Sagittarian men, Sagittarian women are truth tellers. There are no secrets or half-truths where they're concerned. They are also extravagant. But, other than that, Sagittarian women have a bubbly and exuberant personality, are funny, charming, outgoing, friendly, fun, and never clingy or quick to settle down.
Sagittarians in Relationships
Sagittarians are curious, ask questions, and love to talk to anyone and everyone about anything, because of their openness, they have a lot of casual friends. However, they will only be fully satisfied and fulfilled in close relationships that are always fun, active, and intellectually stimulating.
Sagittarians can be a bit gun-shy when it comes to love. They like the thrill of the chase and enjoy spending time getting to know the other person. But when they do fall in love, everyone will know it, and the affair will be a passionate, adventurous and fun roller-coaster ride, filled with trips, parties and socializing. It's interesting to note that both Sagittarian men and Sagittarian women tend to be lucky when it comes to love.
Sagittarians are even more gun-shy of marriage than they are of love. Though it may take a while, if a Sagittarian says "will you marry me" or agrees to marry you, don't doubt their genuineness or their ability to be a fun, interesting, loyal and faithful mate.
The problem with stereotypes is that even if they're correct in some cases, they're certainly not true in all. No one is perfect, and every Sagittarian is much more complicated than just a simple stereotype. So it's best to give every Sagittarian the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment-phobes: The truth is they are Sagittarians are slow to commit, not afraid of commitment.
- Mean and sarcastic jerks: The truth is Sagittarians don't intend to be hurt others with their words, they are just verbally blunt, and have an honest tell it like it is nature.
- Hyperbolic and boastful: The truth is Sagittarians are self-assured, optimistic, verbal, and are prone to exaggerate and make everything, whether good or bad, more significant than it is.
Sagittarius Eminent Personalities
Note the Sagittarian Traits of truth-telling, storytelling, and comic relief in these eminent Sagittarian personalities.
- Taylor Swift, born December 13, 1989, is an American singer-songwriter who has established herself as one of the most successful singer-songwriters of her generation. Swift has always written truthful songs about what's happened in her life.
- Brad Pitt, born December 18, 1963, is best known as a handsome leading man is also an activist who is involved in a number of humanitarian projects to help those in need around the world.
- Jon Stewart, born November 28, 1962, is a comedian best known for hosting "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" a show that combined politics, comedy, and satire.
- James Comey, born December 14, 1960, was the director of the FBI until his dismissal in May 2017, after confirming in March that an investigation into the Trump campaigns connections with Russia.
- Pope Francis, born December 17, 1936, is the first Jesuit pope and the first pope for the Americas. Noted for his friendly openness, he has a far less formal approach to the papacy than his predecessors.
- Steven Spielberg, born December 18, 1946, is a legendary Hollywood director and storyteller who is renowned for films such as "Jaws," "E.T.," "Jurassic Park," "War of the Worlds", "Schindler's List," and "Saving Private Ryan."
- Nicki Minaj, born December 8, 1982, is a famous rap singer and songwriter who is also known for her hasty temper and fierce persona.
- Ted Nugent, born December 13, 1948, is a singer, songwriter, guitarist whose outspoken commitments to gun ownership and right-wing politics took a toll on his success in the 1990s.
- Sarah Silverman, born December 1, 1970, is a stand-up comedian whose comedy address controversial topics racism, sexism, politics, and religion.
- Tina Turner, born November 26, 1939, rose to fame as the wife of Ike Turner but went on to enjoy a worldwide solo career. She was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammy Awards in 2018.
Sagittarius and Luck
Of course, every Sagittarian is more than their Sun sign, but all individuals born when the Sun is in Sagittarius are ruled by Jupiter. Speaking astrologically, luck, good fortune, and heavenly protection are associated with the planet Jupiter. Yes, astrologically you could say that Sagittarians have a greater potential for luck than others. But perhaps Sagittarians create their own luck by courageously, confidently, and optimistically seizing every opportunity that comes their way.