Article Highlight: 1st House Astrology: Simple Guide to the House of Self
Through the millennia, people have peered at the stars and other luminaries in the sky and wondered what their presence meant to people on Earth. Were these heavenly bodies simply random objects, or did they have some sort of bearing on their daily lives?
About Astrology and Humankind
In time, people learned to see the patterns in the cosmos and realized that their makeup was far from random. In fact, the alignment of the stars and planets were extremely ordered and followed regular paths that were directly linked to the Earth's seasons. So there was a connection between the heavens and Earth. The question was just how far did it reach into their daily lives?
The Planets Influence on Earth
Eventually, these early astrologers came to realize that distinct energies were associated with the planets, and these energies tended to influence events on Earth below. As they unraveled the constellations that directly crossed the horizon, they assigned them names, laying the ground work for what would later be referred to as astrological signs. These constellations also seemed to influence the personalities of people who were born at the time a particular sign entered the horizon during its orbit over Earth.
Applying Astrology to Your Life
By interpreting the energies in play at a given time, you can understand how they might influence the events in your life, and this is the entire basis of the art of astrology. You can choose to use this information to your own advantage and chart our own course, or you can simply ignore it and allow your life to carry you along.
Understanding Astrological Signs
Astrological signs can be split into the four elements:
- The earth signs tend to be pragmatic and grounded individuals. These signs are Taurgus, Virgo and Capricorn.
- The air signs are people who are intellectual rather than emotional. These signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.
- The water signs focus more on emotions and the imagination. These signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
- The fire signs tend to be freedom-loving, energetic individuals. These signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
Astrology and Other Cultures
Astrological signs can be found among other cultures that have some similarities and differences with the traditional astrological chart.
- Celtic astrology is associated with 13 months based on the lunar cycle with each sign based on a tree.
- The Egyptian zodiac has 12 signs that are associated with days of the month and signs are based on gods and goddesses.
- Vedic, or Hindu, astrology is based on planetary cycles and the ancient Hindu scriptures called the Vedas.
- Native American astrological signs are based on animals and their connection with nature.
Learning More About Astrology
Delve deeper into the details about astrology by learning about individual zodiac signs, birth charts, your horoscope and more. Think of it as a journey of self-discovery.