It is very difficult to make generalities in astrology. Are all Virgo men unfaithful? The odds are, probably not. Cheating on someone is a personal decision that is usually fraught with complex, driving emotions. However, you can examine some of the astrological conditions that may serve to exasperate any underlying "cheating" tendencies.
Mercury, Virgo's Ruler
First, look at Virgo's ruler, Mercury. Mercury is the planet in charge of communications, everyday travel and the signing of contracts. This planet also rules nervous tension, something Virgo tends to have. Mercury, as the ruling planet of Virgo, can imbue Virgo with a fast and organized mind, as well as an intelligent sense of humor and need to communicate.
What a Virgo Man Needs in Romance
When it comes to romance, Virgo men:
- Need someone with whom to communicate.
- Need a partner who is mentally and tactilely stimulating.
They will be tempted to find it elsewhere if they're not receiving that communication or mental and tactile stimulation from their primary partner.
Everyday Example of Temptation
How could this play itself out in an everyday situation?
- A Virgo man decides to sign up for a class.
- He asks his partner to join him, but she's too busy and suggests that he go alone.
- The Virgo man is disappointed but decides to take the class anyway.
- Once in class, he's paired up with a mentally stimulating female student.
- The two have similar interests and talk for hours.
- The next thing you know, they're regularly having coffee.
- He's tempted.
Of course, this is just one possible scenario, but communicative Mercury can exert this influence in a number of situations.
The Sixth House
Virgo's domain in the horoscope wheel is the sixth house; the house of work, service, matters of health and fitness and day-to-day activities. If a Virgo man cheats, it's most likely the infidelity will occur with someone connected to one of these activities, such as:
- A work colleague
- Someone he talks to regularly at the gym
- The female barista who sells him his morning coffee
Much in the way that Leo is more likely to cheat with a person working with him on a creative project (the fifth house), so too is Virgo more likely to cheat with someone connected to his daily routine.
Virgo Men Are Fixers
Virgo men are suckers for a damsel in distress. Many of their romantic relationships, illicit or otherwise, begin while helping a "friend" get back on her feet. These guys just seem to gravitate toward women who've fallen on hard times - women they can comfort, give advice to, and can help in some practical way. So, in any of the scenarios above, if the Virgo man feels a woman has a problem, or she talks to him on an intimate level asking for help and advice, you have a recipe for infidelity. Virgo needs to be needed to feel valuable.
Virgo Men and Guilt
Virgos are perfectionists, who are hard on themselves, like things done right, and are guilt-ridden by nature. So, when all's said and done, a Virgo man tends to be one woman at a time sort of guy. Even if they're unhappy, it takes a lot for them to be unfaithful. But if they are unfaithful, they'll feel guilty about it, and it's unlikely they'll be able to hide that guilt from their primary partner.
Signs a Virgo Man Is Cheating
You can tell if your Virgo partner is cheating. Below are a few behaviors to watch for.
- He'll show little affection and have very little time for you.
- He'll spend an inordinate amount at work or in activities that don't include you.
- He'll be extra critical of you and point out all your imperfections.
- He'll begin talking about needing more space in your relationship.
- He'll stop communicating with you except when necessary and evade your questions.
Probably the best advice is to keep your eyes and ears peeled for a complete change in behavior.
How to Handle an Unfaithful Virgo
How you handle a cheating Virgo largely depends on whether you want to save the relationship. If you do want to save the relationship, get the facts, and make sure you're right. There's nothing a Virgo man hates more than being accused of cheating when he's done nothing wrong.
- Go through your crisis, get your act together, and avoid messy displays of emotion.
- Don't seek revenge or play the victim.
- Calmly and coolly ask him questions, even knowing that you may not like what you hear.
- Have the hard conversation with him about what went wrong to gain insight and understanding.
- Do some soul searching and examine your part in the drama.
- Let him know you love him and need him, and that you're willing to work on the relationship.
If your Virgo man responds positively, don't force too much togetherness and give him the freedom to go off and think about what he could be losing.
If Virgo men only had Virgo in their birth charts, it's very unlikely they'd be unfaithful. However, since they are all a combination of many things, other planetary placements are relevant.
- A Virgo man is also more likely to stray if he has the Moon, Venus, or Mars in one of the "flirty" and gregarious signs like Leo or Libra.
- Alternatively, having the moon, Venus, or Mars in an earth or water sign may be an indication of fidelity.
- Saturn, among other things, gives "weight" to commitments. A strong Saturn in aspect to another planet (like the moon) is a good sign the Virgo man in question will be faithful.
Best Matches for Virgo
The best matches for Virgo are fellow earth signs like Taurus and Capricorn and the water signs of Scorpio and Cancer. Things get a little tricky with Pisces because these two are opposite signs, but there will be a lot of attraction. The fire signs of Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, and the air signs of Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius are a bit out of sync with the Virgo personality. This doesn't mean that a successful relationship is impossible; it just means it might take a little extra work.
Putting It All Together
Back to the original question about Virgo men and unfaithfulness: Such a generalization just can't be determined with the Sun sign Virgo alone. With such an important issue, it's best to see a professional astrologer who will consider the man in question's entire birth chart. Only then will you be able to arrive at a well-rounded consideration, as to whether a specific Virgo man will be unfaithful. There's one small problem with this, many professional astrologers won't interpret an individual's chart without their permission.