If you work for a Gemini boss, your workday will never be dull and boring. So, keep your eyes and ears open and be ready to turn on a dime because with a Gemini calling the shots, the workplace is always buzzing with excitement and fast-paced activities. A Gemini boss is smart, impulsive, and innovative, but also inspiring. Possibly the very best attribute of Gemini leaders is their uncanny ability to bring out the best in those who work for them.
The Gemini Boss
Gemini is the mutable air sign. A Gemini boss thrives on feedback, the exchange of information and ideas, and verbal collaboration. While it's true Geminis are not born leaders and most are not very comfortable in the traditional boss role, in the right environment and with the right team, they are effective and inspiring leaders.
A Gemini as a boss is:
- Interactive, social, friendly, forward thinking, and adaptable
- Lively, communicative, interested, and interesting
- Easily distracted and quick tempered
A Social Interactive Style
Gemini bosses are interactive leaders. They aren't micro-managers who feel a need to control everybody and direct everything. As a matter of fact, they aren't dogmatic and don't do the traditional style of management well. Their style is to involve those under them in the day-to-day management of the office or company and to give those who work for them full reign when it comes to how to go about accomplishing their assigned tasks.
A Gemini is a friendly, social boss who believes two heads or more are better than one.
- They will have morning group huddles where their employees come together and share information about what they're working on, get status checks, and cheer one another's successes.
- They want feedback and an exchange of ideas and will have regular staff meetings to solve problems and brainstorm about all endeavors. These meetings will be noisy, chatty, affairs where ideas are thrown about, and action plans are debated and discussed before any decisions are made.
- They are good at and will delegate authority and often rely on a few capable individuals to take care of many of their lesser responsibilities and decisions while they come up with ideas and make final decisions on any important matter.
- They are adaptable and can change their minds and shift priorities in response to new ideas and new information presented by those who work for them.
Perhaps the best part about working for a Gemini is experiencing the goodwill and productivity their willingness to communicate with and involve their employees brings to the workplace.
- They thrive on the communication from those who work for them.
- They want to be looped in on every endeavor and want to be regularly updated.
- They like to stay in touch by text or email, but they also have an open-door policy.
- They want those under them to voice their ideas well, and they admire a team member's spontaneity and initiative.
A Gemini boss can improvise and bend when it comes to changing circumstances. Plus, they are multi-taskers who can think on the run, take in things fast, and change directions very quickly, which makes them champs at analyzing and coming up with rapid and brilliant solutions for any problem a team member presents to them.
They are not micromangers, but they are people watchers who are adept at analyzing those who work for them to make sure each is in the position or given work assignment for which they are most suited and can best accomplish. This means those who work for them will have many successes.
Work and Life Should Be Fun
A Gemini boss thinks his or her staff will be more productive if the work environment is fun.
- They will devise games and contests to increase productivity.
- They will recognize individual team members with a reward for a job well done.
- They will have a staff celebration for everyone's birthday, or other personal milestone.
- They will socialize after hours with the team.
Best off all, a Gemini boss leads a very fun and active social life, and he wants those who work for him also to have time off to play.
It's best just to pay attention and do what a Gemini boss asks for at the moment rather than being fixed or making any fuss about the change. If you're a person who is dogmatic about how something should be done or has a problem changing direction in midstream, you're not going to be happy with a Gemini boss who is prone to creating an innovative, fly by the seat of your pants, and frenzied work environment.
Gemini bosses are flexible on the one hand, but on the other, they are also prone to deciding something one minute and ordering an alteration the next, which can make them seem inconsistent and indecisive.
They are easily distracted, which means they are not always good at seeing a project through to the end or focusing on it for an overly extended period, and they often depend on those who work for them to follow through and finish up on most projects.
Easily frustrated, Gemini bosses can't deal with employees that have to be micro-managed, spoon fed, mollycoddled, or told something twice. Plus, they have a quick temper that can be easily sparked when they're confronted with employees who can't or won't keep up the pace or who they feel has done or said something stupid. If an employee should encounter the wrath of a Gemini boss, it's best that they just quietly take the tongue lashing, because arguing or defending themselves will only make things worse.
No Two Exactly Alike
No two Gemini bosses are alike, but all are prone to the strengths a weakness mentioned above. They are the most social and flexible of bosses. They think fast, talk fast, and move fast. Sometimes they can make their employee's head spin, but somehow, they manage to pull everyone together into a creative team that's able to get whatever project they're working on finished in record time.